Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hurting so much this morning and I was sitting on the toilet--as usual--and the pain of the spasms was causing me to shake and feel sick. I didn't actually throw up but was dry heaving and I am not sure why. Could the intense pain that I was feeling cause that type of reaction?Carly

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Abdominal pain is onet thing that can stimulate the vagus nerve. When that happens you can feel like you are going to faint (or actually faint) and many people get nausea or vomiting with it. Sitting down helps and I think that may be why usually IBSers don't faint all the way.It is also the same response that makes people faint when they get blood drawn and stuff like that.Vasovagal response or syncope is the name for it.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Abdominal pain is onet thing that can stimulate the vagus nerve. When that happens you can feel like you are going to faint (or actually faint) and many people get nausea or vomiting with it. Sitting down helps and I think that may be why usually IBSers don't faint all the way.It is also the same response that makes people faint when they get blood drawn and stuff like that.Vasovagal response or syncope is the name for it.K.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am a little disturbed this pain can cause such things. Why must it hurt so much? I go through most of my pain while I am sitting on the toilet but I often feel like the world around me is about to shut down, I get this focused vision, like tunnel vision maybe? I am feeling to tired of this. I don't feel like anyone should have to live like this. I took a Xanax in the middle of the night because I was afraid to freak out again like that.
<---me screaming!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am a little disturbed this pain can cause such things. Why must it hurt so much? I go through most of my pain while I am sitting on the toilet but I often feel like the world around me is about to shut down, I get this focused vision, like tunnel vision maybe? I am feeling to tired of this. I don't feel like anyone should have to live like this. I took a Xanax in the middle of the night because I was afraid to freak out again like that.
<---me screaming!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too have suffered with terrible pain, and have vomited from it.Like you all, I have also felt this tunnel vision coming on, like you're going to faint.It's so nice to know I'm not alone with these symptoms!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too have suffered with terrible pain, and have vomited from it.Like you all, I have also felt this tunnel vision coming on, like you're going to faint.It's so nice to know I'm not alone with these symptoms!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I Have to take nausea medication and pain medication when I first fill an attack coming on. most of the time the pain gets so bad I start throwing up and ones I start I cant stop I end up on the toilet with a garbage can next to me its so grose but what can you do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I Have to take nausea medication and pain medication when I first fill an attack coming on. most of the time the pain gets so bad I start throwing up and ones I start I cant stop I end up on the toilet with a garbage can next to me its so grose but what can you do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.