Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I am pretty sure this is because I ate too many Fritos and trust me I'm kicking myself. Here's what happened: I ate too many Fritos. Got one happening of D. Thought it was over. Then I got a terrible cramp in my sternum area. Took a hyoscyamine and an immodium thinking it would make it go away. Had like two sips of seltzer. Sad to say, I ended up having to make myself throw up. Right after I did that, all of the sudden I had D like crazy- sweating, terrible cramps everything. So I laid down for awhile,riding out a few random cramps and a burning stomach for like an hour or so and now my stomach is calm and I'm actually hungry. So what is that all about??? Does this sound like GERD? I am so lost.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
My version of GERD was just increasing heartburn until my whole upper digestive system became like a volcano, with undigested food bits as the magma. I was always able to keep from vomiting but is was always touch and go. Don't know if that helps or not.Mark

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
My version of GERD was just increasing heartburn until my whole upper digestive system became like a volcano, with undigested food bits as the magma. I was always able to keep from vomiting but is was always touch and go. Don't know if that helps or not.Mark

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have heartburn a lot but it's not bad enough that I can't ignore it. My nausea appears when I ate too much or I'm so nervous I can't control myself. I made myself puke because I felt like I was going to die unless I got this stuff out of my body (which I know isn't true but you feel that way). I just don't get why I puke and have the D at the same time.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have heartburn a lot but it's not bad enough that I can't ignore it. My nausea appears when I ate too much or I'm so nervous I can't control myself. I made myself puke because I felt like I was going to die unless I got this stuff out of my body (which I know isn't true but you feel that way). I just don't get why I puke and have the D at the same time.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Throwing up relieve most of my symptoms.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Throwing up relieve most of my symptoms.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When i first got sick with IBS, I threw up at least twice a day, i dont think it was heartburn. Anyhow whenever i would throw up i would always feel the big D or at least a serious BM. i think it might have something to do with the way the stomach contracs when being sick but im not sure.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When i first got sick with IBS, I threw up at least twice a day, i dont think it was heartburn. Anyhow whenever i would throw up i would always feel the big D or at least a serious BM. i think it might have something to do with the way the stomach contracs when being sick but im not sure.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was so weird- I had the D and then felt the urge again, but I couldn't go again until after I threw up.It makes me feel better that even one other person has experienced this. The only lesson I learned is to not eat so many Fritos! I wasn't sure if GERD's symptoms also included D.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was so weird- I had the D and then felt the urge again, but I couldn't go again until after I threw up.It makes me feel better that even one other person has experienced this. The only lesson I learned is to not eat so many Fritos! I wasn't sure if GERD's symptoms also included D.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.