Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have had stomach pains every time I eat and and now it's hurts when I'm drinking too. My stomach ache would last for hours. If I have an empty stomach I am okay. I had colonoscopy, endoscopy and a bunch of other tests and they came out fine. I don't know what is wrong with me. Does this sound like I have IBS? My GI doctor will be refferal me to a hospital a GI department there. Will I have to go into the hospital? Write Back Soon, Thanks, Leah

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I dunno Leah. Best to ask your GI Doc that question. But the way they kick patients out in record time today, lol I wouldn't worry about being there too long if they do admit you.
Diagnosing IBS is largely a process of ruling out other GI conditions. Ask your GI what else needs to be ruled out and perhaps even ask what his suspisions are. Ask him plain and simple why he is referring you. You are the customer, so don't be shy. Ask your questions, you have a right to know.BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I dunno Leah. Best to ask your GI Doc that question. But the way they kick patients out in record time today, lol I wouldn't worry about being there too long if they do admit you.
Diagnosing IBS is largely a process of ruling out other GI conditions. Ask your GI what else needs to be ruled out and perhaps even ask what his suspisions are. Ask him plain and simple why he is referring you. You are the customer, so don't be shy. Ask your questions, you have a right to know.BQ

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hi LeahYou keep posting new threads without following up your old ones, makes it very difficult to know what symptoms you are having currently.To see your old threads, click on this link: http://www.ibsgroup.org/cgi-local/ubbcgi/u...osts;u=00027537 Save this to your favourites, as something like "IBS Group My Posts".Then you can stay on the same thread so members know all of your symptom & test history, without having to question you to find out what you have already tried, etc.You still haven't answered many responses and questions posted by members to try and get the complete picture - so people know what symptoms you no longer have (eg Did you tell your doctor about the blood spotting, black spots, lower back pain, etc, and what was his advice) and what therapies you have tried (Eg have you tried changing your diet, exercising, etc).Thanks Leah

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hi LeahYou keep posting new threads without following up your old ones, makes it very difficult to know what symptoms you are having currently.To see your old threads, click on this link: http://www.ibsgroup.org/cgi-local/ubbcgi/u...osts;u=00027537 Save this to your favourites, as something like "IBS Group My Posts".Then you can stay on the same thread so members know all of your symptom & test history, without having to question you to find out what you have already tried, etc.You still haven't answered many responses and questions posted by members to try and get the complete picture - so people know what symptoms you no longer have (eg Did you tell your doctor about the blood spotting, black spots, lower back pain, etc, and what was his advice) and what therapies you have tried (Eg have you tried changing your diet, exercising, etc).Thanks Leah

·
Registered
75 Posts
Have you thought about seeing a Naturopathic Dr.? Perhaps they could give you another opinion. My friend went to one for IBS, GERD and a bunch of other ailments. The Naturopath helped her tremendously. Good luck!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Have you thought about seeing a Naturopathic Dr.? Perhaps they could give you another opinion. My friend went to one for IBS, GERD and a bunch of other ailments. The Naturopath helped her tremendously. Good luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
It sounds very much like IBS but it could be something else. Ask some one at the hospital about some pain relief so you can actually eat! i have this specific problem but it sounds strange you have no other symptoms. Do You?

·
Registered
21 Posts
It sounds very much like IBS but it could be something else. Ask some one at the hospital about some pain relief so you can actually eat! i have this specific problem but it sounds strange you have no other symptoms. Do You?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.