Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone used imodium daily for diarrhea and if it caused them to get really bad gas. I found it quite effective for controlling dbut this gas is getting out of hand.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jakora,Have you tried Multi-Symptom Imodium? It contains loperamide to treat diarrhea and also has simethicone for gas. I tried it for a few weeks before I went on Lotronex and it worked better than regular Imodium at relieving gas and cramping. You can find more information here: https://www.imodium.com/page.jhtml?id=imodi...clude/2_3_1.inc. Sometimes taking a digestive enzyme, Tums, or some baking soda with each meal will reduce the amount of gas produced as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Try an anti-gas product (anything that has simethicone in it). I would take it WITH the imodium... and everytime you take the imodium and see if that makes a difference for you.ETA: I forgot to say that yes it is common for some folks to get that while taking imodium.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.