Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you out there can honestly say that you are in an unhealthy relationship? And how many think that your IBS has worsened due to that unhealthy atmosphere? I have come to the realization that my IBS has been much affected by my daily life and I just wondered if any of you feel the same way. Thanks in advance for sharing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My sis is dating a doc. and she has told him about me, he thinks it's physcosamatic(sp)because my hubby can be a jerk. I've wondered about it too, but I have so much pain
how can it be in my head? I haven't had a colonoscopy yet, when I do, if it comes out ok, I guess I'll have to seriously consideer it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My sis is dating a doc. and she has told him about me, he thinks it's physcosamatic(sp)because my hubby can be a jerk. I've wondered about it too, but I have so much pain
how can it be in my head? I haven't had a colonoscopy yet, when I do, if it comes out ok, I guess I'll have to seriously consideer it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
All of my health issues are agitated by stress, but even without stress, they still exist. It's easy to convince ourselves that it's in our head, but generally, that isn't the case. Hang in there.

·
Registered
153 Posts
All of my health issues are agitated by stress, but even without stress, they still exist. It's easy to convince ourselves that it's in our head, but generally, that isn't the case. Hang in there.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Relationship stress definitly makes things much worse ! Your gut has the same transmitters as your brain does......hasn't anyone here ever heard of the Brain to Gut connection ? It's real, not made up, not in your head. When you are under stress, your digestive system shuts down, cramps up in a way. Hypnotherapy tapes work well, (I am not marketing them), and so does meditation....biggest help though is to get out of a bad relationship and get yourself healthier !! I am hugely better when in a happy place, whether alone or with someone. I broke up with my boyfreind this last Sept as it was tearing me up inside to be under such stress. I went from IBS C to D because of it. I counsel people all day about this, because of the field I am in. We got back together recently but I laid down the rules......no negativity, we use humor to defuse and we get professional counseling. For me, I now meditate and do breathing exercises. Being on my own and not even in a relationship is certainly easier ! But, lonely at times and not as fun !

·
Registered
290 Posts
Relationship stress definitly makes things much worse ! Your gut has the same transmitters as your brain does......hasn't anyone here ever heard of the Brain to Gut connection ? It's real, not made up, not in your head. When you are under stress, your digestive system shuts down, cramps up in a way. Hypnotherapy tapes work well, (I am not marketing them), and so does meditation....biggest help though is to get out of a bad relationship and get yourself healthier !! I am hugely better when in a happy place, whether alone or with someone. I broke up with my boyfreind this last Sept as it was tearing me up inside to be under such stress. I went from IBS C to D because of it. I counsel people all day about this, because of the field I am in. We got back together recently but I laid down the rules......no negativity, we use humor to defuse and we get professional counseling. For me, I now meditate and do breathing exercises. Being on my own and not even in a relationship is certainly easier ! But, lonely at times and not as fun !

·
Registered
18 Posts
The stress from the abusive relationship I was in is what caused my IBS. For me though, eating properly and keeping my stress levels down really relieves my symptoms.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The stress from the abusive relationship I was in is what caused my IBS. For me though, eating properly and keeping my stress levels down really relieves my symptoms.

·
Registered
686 Posts
with any illness stress can be bad no matter if its ibs, ms, etc.if i get stressed now my ibs does seem to play up more,docs tell you not to get stressed out but in todays world with all the problems in it its impossible not to get stressed out.im convinced that ibs is not all in people's heads its very hard to imagine pain i guess it does depend on your pain threshold too, i know im not imagining the pains i get from my ibs.

·
Registered
686 Posts
with any illness stress can be bad no matter if its ibs, ms, etc.if i get stressed now my ibs does seem to play up more,docs tell you not to get stressed out but in todays world with all the problems in it its impossible not to get stressed out.im convinced that ibs is not all in people's heads its very hard to imagine pain i guess it does depend on your pain threshold too, i know im not imagining the pains i get from my ibs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts