Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have really severe IBS where I am either C or having D. I am looking to start a family in the next six to eight months. And I am worried that severe IBS could affect my baby. Is there any help on dealing with IBS and pregancy?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes you can.. I have 3 beautiful children. Two girls.30 and 24.And a 33 yr old son. IBS started when I was 16 and I got pregnant at 21. Thankfully none of my children have signs of IBS. They have seen me suffer so and are glad t
hey dont have it..good luckSue

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes you can. BUT, I'd strongly advise you meet with a local dietitian that specialized in prenatal AND IBS.You want to be in the best nutritional condition that you can be. So, looking into your folic acid, b-vitamin, Calcium status (for starters) would be good.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yup. I did. My IBS was great during pregnancy (until the very end). The nutritionist I met with took blood tests and determined that my hematocrit (iron) and Vitamin A were low - everything else was peachy. Abby is almost six weeks old and asleep in my lap as I type this.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Absolutley. In fact I think having a baby helped my IBS decrease. I have a four month old and all I had was C towards the end of my pregnancy, but I think most moms to be are. I had alternating mild IBS before and before that I had terrible alternating IBS until I used Mike's tapes.Don't let IBS stop you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts