Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I am hoping you might be able to help, this is my 1st time here. My husband has been suffering with severe diarrhoea, stomach cramps and grumbling stomach for about 5 months now. We are 99.9% convinced he has IBS but he is still waiting for a firm diagnosis.He has been taking Buscopan and following a really severe bout of D our GP has prescibed him Lomotil. He thinks that the GP said that he shouldn't take this with the Buscopan. Can anyone tell us if they are safe to take together. If he stops taking the Buscopan the cramps come back and at the moment the Lomotil doesn't seem to be helping.Following radvice on this website, he started on Calcium but only been taking it for a couple of days.Any advice would really be appreciated, he is having to take so much time off work and is not being paid.Thanks

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
How about giving the Dr a call and asking for clarification? Also, I find my pharmacist can be very helpful with these type of questions as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.