Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take Dicetel daily for IBS. One of my daughters was just prescribed Dicetel for problems related to IBS-like symptoms she experiences only during her monthly period. Has anyone tried this and found it effective?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I use Dicetel as required, not daily. The only complaint I have with using it occaisionally is that it seems to take a little while before it kicks in.Some people on the board have been told to use it occaisionally, others have been told it works best when at constant levels in the blood. Perhaps searching for "Dicetel" will get you some more helpful comments

·
Registered
211 Posts
I use Dicetel as required, not daily. The only complaint I have with using it occaisionally is that it seems to take a little while before it kicks in.Some people on the board have been told to use it occaisionally, others have been told it works best when at constant levels in the blood. Perhaps searching for "Dicetel" will get you some more helpful comments

·
Registered
197 Posts
To be honest, I found that my IBS acted up around my period whether or not I was taking Dicetel. It didn't seem to matter. The Dicetel helped me in reducing the cramping but I still had D.Hope that it does help your daughter.

·
Registered
197 Posts
To be honest, I found that my IBS acted up around my period whether or not I was taking Dicetel. It didn't seem to matter. The Dicetel helped me in reducing the cramping but I still had D.Hope that it does help your daughter.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I'll let you know if it helps. She has never had a problem with menstrual cramps etc. - just lately she has had elimination problems during that time.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I'll let you know if it helps. She has never had a problem with menstrual cramps etc. - just lately she has had elimination problems during that time.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I have never tried it for menstrual cramps but I have used it for IBS pain. It works quite well to get rid of that nagging, crampy, achey feeling from IBS.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I have never tried it for menstrual cramps but I have used it for IBS pain. It works quite well to get rid of that nagging, crampy, achey feeling from IBS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts