Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All,After a few months of being so sure that I was candida-free, I had ravaging hunger attacks again which was only satiated by carbs, even though I had already eaten 319084019 calories in my meal. It makes sense because I've done the whole "eat a whole loaf of bread" thing before in my life (two different times) and recently my immune system went way down, also I took antibiotics for suspected SIBO (D'oh!) and had been lacking protein for the last month or so. Now I am left constipated (just ate a ton of food at once) and extremely tired. This morning I also had brain fog from eating a banana, I should have figured out then that the bug was still in me. I have IBS-A though for the longest time it was only IBS-C. I know I had a terrible phase with candida (extreme fatigue, feeling drunk off of any kind of cooked carbs or fruits, etc). Does anyone know of any definitive test that shows whether i have candida albicans yeast? I feel like it's the cause of my IBS. I have a history of eating disorder (anorexia and severe overexercise) in the last year and a half.Dear god i thought I had killed all of them off. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I'm confused because a pound of butter is 3,252 calories or is this some kcal-cal misunderstanding but still 319,084 calories is still...I didn't know you could eat that much food and not burst your stomach?Anyway, there isn't a lot of evidence for Candida in IBS based on the scientific literature, and in people with severely compromised immune systems (like who have AIDS or undergoing chemotherapy) where science sees it usually they can find it in a stool test, but they have to do it properly as it is easy to contaminate a stool sample with environmental Candida.I'm sure there are lots of alternative tests but many of them will say all humans are loaded with Candida and are done by people selling you a cure for it, so I don't really trust many of those.People with IBS usually do best with small frequent meals, not eating as much as possible at one sitting. Eating way too much food at one time can make anyone feel sick, as can skipping a few meals before you finally give in and eat.Have you spoken to your therapist about your eating patterns or any other problems recently? Disordered eating of any kind is hard on the GI system and can make it all out of whack.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All this time, I was ashamed of having this condition. I suffered from Candidiasis last year. I had been with 2 doctors before I got totally treated. Sometimes when it attacks, I couldn't sleep well and the next day, I was tired at work. So aside from my doctor's visit, I also did my own research to help myself because I'm too busy to go to the doctor most of the times. There is one site I can remember because I kept visiting it for reference. It's What's Your Biggest Unanswered Question About Being Yeast Intollerant? . I still visit it until now for fear that condition might come back. It answers my questions too. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Guys, I would hope that yoghurt is a major part of your diet..Jackmat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.