Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read several posts regarding Candida. How exactly is this diagnosed? My GI doctor feels I have IBS. My symptoms are mainly bloating/gas/pain and occasionally C. My symptoms actually make me feel short of breath, like I can't take a deep breath. (my doctor looks at me like I am nuts when I tell him this) I have had this for about 10 months and have been searching for an answer. I keep a food diary and have had severe bloat after eating brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar/salad dressings, fruit juice, fresh baked breads, bagels, saltines, wine and beer. All of these contain yeast or sugars. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Could it be a yeast infection in GI tract rather than IBS? I am desperate for answers and am having a hard time believing the IBS diagnosis. I don't quite fit the typical IBS criteria seeing that I don't have D or C. I am a 41 year old female 5'4" and about 110 lbs, what I would consider too thin except for my bloated belly. I know this is a rather long post, but like all of you I am looking for some answers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
what about getting tested for a food allergy? it does seem to be a common thread with the yeast, and its something that i have cut down on and added acidophilous to my diet now..maybe ask your doctor for an allergy test or just stop eating those ingredients and add acidophilous to your diet and see what happens..

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was told i have candida after a food intolerance test, which showed that i can't really tolerate wheat-sugar-yeast. I've cut down all foods containing that and I took acidofilus, psyllium husk and oligosacharites powder. I had the same symptoms as you have. Keeping a diary is good. I keep one too. I would suggest to buy a book about candida and try to follow the eat-don't eat food list. Just try to remember to note down how you feel after you eat something.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both so very much for responding to my post. Your answers are very helpful. How long after you made diet changes and added supplements before you noticed some improvement? If food sensitivities are what is causing the symptoms then do I really have IBS? Also, did you have the feeling of shortness of breath?

·
Registered
10,398 Posts

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
I had a bad case of yeast and other noxious bacteria. I need to be constantly on guard because it keeps returning. For me, the only way to beat it is to be extremely aggressive. Half measures get zero results.Zero sugar, long stretches on anti-fungals, very strict diet, and tons of garlic and herbs is what is working for me.However, one small screw up with a "bad" food will give me a 3 to 7 day setback. It seems that the offending food causes the stool to not form and not move -- then the unformed stool seems to just sit there and ferment????? Then, either the bad bacteria or the yeast grow back. To get myself "good" again, I have to take a couple of enemas and then go extra heavy on the garlic and herbs.Also, I have to take lots of Primal Defense.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:I had a bad case of yeast and other noxious bacteria
How would you know?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts