Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean no offense to flux, moldie, curvy, chuck, or anybody else that participates in discussions about this candida / mold stuff (which for me is pretty much irrelevant since 1) I don't think my IBS is remotely related to anything having to do with critters, and 2) the discussions usually get a little too complex for me to follow).But, I have to make an observation here about why a grin and a chuckle always comes to me when I start reading one of these threads (again, especially you flux, please don't take my observation as any kind of insult or trivialization of the topic or the posts).Here's the observation: Just as there are 12 inches in a foot, the sun rises in the East, night follows day, etc., you can count on seeing a post by flux on any thread with the word "candida" in it.Not taking sides or otherwise wanting to get into that fray, but for some crazy reason - that amuses the hell out of me. In fact, it's starting to become such a firm foundation in the laws of my universe, that I think if ever I see a candida post WITHOUT flux on it, I'll start preparing for Armageddon (except for this one, flux, so don't try to "trick" me).This might piss off some of you folks that have these candida discussions, but all I can say is that I don't mean to do that. Just making a neutral observation on something that happens to fascinate me and in a strange way, I guess, amuses me.BJP.S. I recognize that it is a serious thing for some, so I'm not saying it isn't.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I to absolutely love these discussions they are interesting and amusing sometimes. Don't get me wrong either, they are informative. But I love the interaction and I love Flux. What would this board be without him?

·
Registered
613 Posts
BobJ, I'm glad to see I am not alone on this one, I too find it quite amusing! In fact so does my husband, you can take bets on how long it will take him to respond. As for candida just because medical science has not proved it doesn't mean it ain't so! On the other hand there are a lot of quacks out there itching to take your money. I think the jurys still out on that one.sickofsick

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I agree that flux's quick arrival on the scene at the mere mention of candida is somewhat amusing and fun to watch (which graphic will he use this time, etc.?!)...However, it is amusing only to a point. I always do like hearing from him when he presents some facts and then explains them; I'd welcome more of that (though I still may not necessarily agree with him 100%, which is fine). But, let me tell you, having a bunch of yucky problems that indeed may be associated with candida (or whatever in the world we are going thru) is NO day at the beach; it is much worse than having "just" IBS. ------------------Cultivate gratitude. Believe in possibilities.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello all. I am new here, and won't be staying long. My purpose was simply to show others what I have learned and experienced in my case, with the hope that it can help others with theirs.But you as a group have made an interesting observation in general. Let me see if I have it right:This IBS board has some of the same characteristics as the condition it was formed around, IBS. Just as IBS sufferers often have trigger foods (which may mean that they don't have IBS at all, but actually have a food intolerance), this board has trigger foods as well?An intriguing hypothesis...I wish wellness to all.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Too bad, curvyroads, that you won't be staying for long. I appreciate your well-communicated info. you provided us in your candida thread; I wish you'd pop back in again to tell us more...and if things continue to go well for you!------------------Cultivate gratitude. Believe in possibilities.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
BOB!I Can't believe you actually posted the word so blatantly on your post!That's all I've got to say on that. But, ditto to HipJan on hoping you stop by curvy from time to time. Are you curvy because you're female (which I don't think was established)/ because the roads to health you have traveled have been difficult to maneuver?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Bob, I have to say that sometimes Flux's little graphics are the only laugh I get all day! And I too, mean no disrespect to my friend Moldie or Curvy or any of the others who are struggling with or have struggled with very real problems.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
All right. Sssshhhhh. Don't tell anyone, but Flux is an ok guy sometimes.
JeanG------------------Member of "The Advance Guard for the Ozone Rangers".May the "farce" be with you. JeanG

·
Registered
728 Posts
Oh, I love this thread! Yes....me too.....And, Bob, I need to ad two more sure-flux words: low-carb diet and low blood sugar.I do get a chuckle out of some of those conversations. As a matter of fact, I just had lunch with Sig today *sigh, so nice
* and one of the things we talked about how amusing it was to watch new people come on board and take flux on. For us long-time BB members, that never gets old!------------------"Society honors its living conformists and its dead troublemakers." (Mignon McLaughlin)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The profile says as I write this the Fluxster has made 1394 posts on this board. Now thats a commitment!!By the way, Have you heard of the "flux-ebo" effect!!! Its where...... well you get the idea!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi moldie. Glad to see people do have fun around here too. IBS and it's relatives certainly do take a lot of the fun out of life, and it CAN be quite hard to find a sliver lining at times. Glad you all find a way.Don't worry about flux and me. I take no offense and hope he/she does the same. People need to challenge ideas and it works very well in a public forum. So many things we do accept as fact today (and I bet even flux accepts some of them <G> ) were new and heretic concepts in the beginning. Some failed the test of time, and others passed. I used to be the SysOp of my own BBS in the pre/early-internet days. I have seen and known all kinds of boards and board members. And as for myself, I truly enjoy a good debate, and have participated in many. These days I don't have as much time to do so through the written medium, due to family, job, etc, so can't take it as far as I would like. In answer to your question about my handle, no I am man. The handle is derived from my love of motorcycle riding through the curvey roads of the California Sierra Nevada mountains. The service I started this handle on had an 8 letter name convention, hence the spelling liberties... My previous handle in my SysOp/BBS days was Ponderous. Go figure...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.