Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the doctor today and found out I have an upper respiratory infection. The nurse was asking me what medicines I take and I told her Bentyl. I told her I take it for IBS and she was like what's that? I couldn't believe that a nurse wouldn't know what it is! How strange!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
strange a nurse wouldn't know what it was. i've never met a medical professional who didn't know about it. what to do about it, well that's another question
hope your infection clears up soon. I had a nasty one about this time last year that took several months to finally clear up.nancy

·
Registered
428 Posts
I was surprised that when I was diagnosed with IBS my GI Doc asked me if anyone in my family also had it. I told him no (in my naivet�) but My Grandmother and Father both were diagnosed with Mucus Colitis.
He laughed and said that's one of the things IBS used to be called.Now shortly before this while I was getting my Barium Enema (Lower GI Series) done the X-Ray Doc asked if cancer or colitis ran in my family. I said my Father and Grandmother had Mucus Colitis and said he had never heard of that.
You sure would think that a Radiologist would know about these things....especially doing all those Lower Gi's.I think the name changes throughout the years have not helped to keep people on the same page. On the Bentyl side of things. I was on it back in 1996 and just loved it. It really helped me with those abdominal aches and pains.KARL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.