Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a problem with being unable to wear anything around my waist. It gives me an awful pain that seems to radiate. I have had every test and they are all normal. They recently removed a lipoma thinking that might be the problem, but I still have the pain. It's so depressing. It feels full and just painful. I have no problems whatsoever until it is pressed. I have had this problem for approx. 8 years and it progressively gets worse. I appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I don't know anything about lipoma but I do know that I can't wear anything around my waist without getting pain. Even loose waistbands feel uncomfortable and seem to trigger spasms.I cope with it by wearing waistbands slung low on my hips: I either buy hipster trousers, or fold the waistband over. When I had to wear regulation work trousers I cut through the elastic and rolled it down. I also wear skirts a lot, and dresses. Dresses over trousers is another good trick, as you can wear loose baggy trousers underneath. I can't imagine ever wearing something on my waist!!

G

·
Hey DawnW, I find just keeping busy and active, ignoring the allodynia. I will not let it take over my life, and the discomfort has ebbed, but has not gone away. I wear lose clothing and have padded the car seat belt. I have had pain issues from non painful stimuli, since my first abdominal surgery at age 11.Char

·
Registered
226 Posts
hi, i have'nt written in awhile, but I too have the same problem, i wear mostly dresses and if i have to wear pants they have elastic waistbands but the tend to ride up on my stomach, and causes discomfort, i have asked many drs. about this and most don'nt have an answer, mine bulges out so much i have gone up 2 dress sizes in the last two years, and look very pregnant, i now wear a 3x just to fit my stomach. it is getting harder to find clothes. do you find that your bra hurts it too.i'm getting to the point i want to go braless and wear moo moos. i did not know it had a name but that is good to know.laurie

·
Registered
8 Posts
i know exactly what you are going through. i tell the doctor and he just looks at me. i have gained 20 pounds in the last 3 mo. and it seems as if every day i gain a pound. the pain is horrible on the waist and the bra thing i agree with. if anyone gets any info how to help please let me know. i feel as if im going crazy!!!! grandma v

·
Registered
226 Posts
today i felt like my clothes were strangling me and i could'nt get them off fast enough. sometimes even my rings bother me and i can't wait to take them off too.i would love to live where it was ok to live in moo moos like hawaii but the heat would do me in.i have a hard time in the heat and it makes my ibs flare up.do you ever walk by a window or mirror and think no way that is me i look so fat and pg.i'm 44 and think this is the start of peiomenopause.i don't know how to spell that.even if i lose weight i still have this bulge of a tummy and i lose weight lower so it really makes it stick out.i wore pants the other day after a whole summer of wearing dresses and they felt so heavy i had to take them off after a couple of hours.everybody says to exercise but it makes my stomach hurt worse and i try to drink water and that makes me sick so i drink pop and i know i should'nt i had to go to the regular pop because the splenda was making me really sick.i also drink wine but lately that is making me sick too. so i don't have much else to drink i tried tea and it won't work either.so any suggestions?????

·
Registered
776 Posts
I can't wear anything tight around my waist either. I buy one size larger than I need and wear elastic waist garments only, but the elastic has to be soft and flexible. I wear low rise panties and stopped wearing a bra quite awhile ago. When my abdominal area is extra "touchy" I wear loose fitting dresses such as Muu Muu's.I think that this abdominal touchiness is just another IBS inconvenience. Bah to IBS!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have pain in my stomach and cannot wear anything tight. My doctor told me to wear dresses as much as possible because of the bloating from IBS. I have enough pressure inside from my condition to add any more. I am not sure about allodynia. I know exactly what causes my pain, so I cannot call it that.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I wouldn't say that I have pain, but I don't like things touching my stomach either. Esp. the seat belt in the car. I always loosen mine up and line it up more along the hip area. I've never ever worn tight fitting pants even though when I was a teenager that was the style. I had no idea that others felt this way as well, and also having IBS it just makes you go hmmm.
I do what all of you do and roll down my pants or buy those hip huggers. My 14 year old thinks I'm trying to be cool.
Honestly I just thought I was weird, but now hearing ya'll I AIN'T WEIRD. Thats a good feeling to know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.