Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been suffering for 2 years now since having my daughter. I've had terrible bouts of D followed by pain, dizziness, etc. I've missed out on so much of my life. I can barely work (I do contract work) It's gotten so bad that I barely get calls for work because I've called out sick more times than not. I've had just about every test and have been told that I have hypothyroid, IBS, gallstones and lactose intolerance. I am on immodium, cholestryamine, calcium, just stopped the thyroid meds because I felt worse on them. I was suppose to have my gallbladder out but am afraid my symptoms will get worse and my dr would not approve it because of my low vit d and thyroid levels. I just don't know where to turn anymore. I can barely leave the house as it is. anyone have gallbladder taken out and feel better??? How do you live like this? I hate being a hermit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been suffering for 2 years now since having my daughter. I've had terrible bouts of D followed by pain, dizziness, etc. I've missed out on so much of my life. I can barely work (I do contract work) It's gotten so bad that I barely get calls for work because I've called out sick more times than not. I've had just about every test and have been told that I have hypothyroid, IBS, gallstones and lactose intolerance. I am on immodium, cholestryamine, calcium, just stopped the thyroid meds because I felt worse on them. I was suppose to have my gallbladder out but am afraid my symptoms will get worse and my dr would not approve it because of my low vit d and thyroid levels. I just don't know where to turn anymore. I can barely leave the house as it is. anyone have gallbladder taken out and feel better??? How do you live like this? I hate being a hermit.
Sounds like you've got it pretty rough. You just gotta keep experimenting, try different diets, stress relief, go jogging, eventually you should find something that will at the least decrease your symptoms. You could try upping your dose of immodium for the time being to get you through the days when you have to go out. May I ask how much of it your taking? I had to gradually increase my dosage until I found something that works pretty well for me.Oh! And I would recommend getting some vitamin d supplements for your low levels. You should also look into l-glutamine and pepperment capsules.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I would second the suggestion to get some serious Vitamin D supplements. Sometimes being deficient alone, can cause Diarrhea.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Zeohealth will you please name the book and put a post about it in our Books forum? Otherwise you just look like a poorly disguised salesperson. If you are not willing to name the book makes folks think you are trying to do something else other than just giving out "free" samples.Of course if you are interested in something other than giving out "free" samples, and you would like to actually advertise something.. you need to contact Jeff Roberts if you want to advertise on this site.Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,I am 24 years old and i have been having IBS-D for 6 mths. Seems that I am having diarrhea almost every day and as soon as I have eaten, I have the tendency to go toilet immediately. Gradually, I lost appetite and am having frequent terrible body ache n fatigue. I can't seem to go for work past 3 mths so I took leave n unpaid leave. May I know for our condition, is it appropriate for dr to give us hospitalization leave for 60 days as IBS-D can't be cured within short time? Most of the doctors I went all could not help much. They just said that I need to work things out with my employer or quit my job. I was disheartened as most of the doctors in singapore care less about people with IBS as they themselves know that our condition will take longer time to cure and curing it is like trial and error. Furthermore, knowing that we will be having diarrhea more than a day, they will still give 1 -2 days mc. Are you all having the same issues or is it just the doctors here? I can't take the abdominal pain, stomach burn and body ache m having every day and i am scared as to how much longer I have to bear with all these?

·
Registered
8 Posts
So sorry about your IBS pain. I do not have that (DH does, that's why I am on this board), but I did have my gallbladder removed after about six months of severe pain. It was the best thing I ever did! It's also dangerous to have gallstones. They can get stuck in a duct and cause great harm. Surgery is not the only answer..there are gallbladder cleanses. When I had mine out I didn't know about the cleanses.. That was 14 yrs ago. Good luck to you! I know how hard the IBS is... it has wrecked my husband's life.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts