Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I am totally out of gas. Feeling very depressed. With PTSD and this IBS which has gotten very severe in the last 8 months I can not take the stress anymore. Starting to have thoughts of doing away with me. I have been through every test known to medical science up here and it all comes back IBS. My world is small and getting smaller. Quality of life sucks and I can no longer cope. There seems to be no real relief, no hope.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Anna, I have both a psychiatrist and a therapist that I see. I am just at the end of my rope. I feel like **** everyday and I never know when an accident is going to happen. I am tired of wearing Depends and carrying a "baby bag' of extra clothes and clean up supplies to atleast get me home to a shower. This is not living. It's torture.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
hi deejay: have you tried calcium caltrate for the diarrhea? Many of us on the BB have had success with that. It is not an overnight solution but it is a good start in many cases to finding the solution. Have you thought about it?

·
Registered
173 Posts
stay strong mate....ive been feeling low enough to end it lately. But i think about those who love me and how much they need me to be around. I am confidenmt of getting through this and finding something that works so i can get back to my life. I dunno if you feel like you could come good aswell, but you gotta keep on mate. Stay with us.

G

·
Deejay!! Dont worry! I really really feel your pain!! but when your sick and depressed and stress and feel like nothing can get any worse just remeber that things will get better! and think yourself lucky you dont have a fatal illness! (although sometimes Im sure we have all wished we did)! but truth of the matter is your not the only one in the world who feels like that sometimes and we all understand!!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
yeah i often think that how simple things would be if i had cancer instead...but i know that isnt true at all..lol.But yeah thats the key with it all, keep the faith and youll get there. ive got two buddhist blessings on my wrist from my trip to thailand. I prayed and asked if it would go away and my fortune always told me from a health perspective i had to be patient. so the blessings are there to remind me of that. dunno if that helps but food for thought anyway...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello there deejay,I pray that you will find comfort and hope on here as we all share with each other and often realising just how many other people are in the same boat (to a greater or lesser degree) at least makes you feel included.Is it just the Ibs being too awful, making you feel anxious or do you have lots of other issues going on at the moment - sometimes even lots of little thing build up dont they? making us feel too weak with an inability to cope.Please keep talking to us all! If I am in a time of great stress I lie in bed and think of 10 great things that I can thank God for - to be blunt sometimes I have to lie for quite a while and get stuck after about 7.It sounds very stupid and ridiculously simple but after a couple of weeks it begins to lift me.Take carelove Jude

·
Registered
222 Posts
deejay, sounds like you are quite depressed and perhaps that needs to be dealt with before the IBS becomes manageable. Tell you Doctor how depressed you are and what you are thinking and see if he/she will give you something for the depression. I went through this a few years ago, thought nothing else was going on but once I got to the point (with help from meds) where I could think clearly I was able to identify some of my issues and deal with my IBS differently.. I still have it but it is manageable. Good luck and email me if you want to chat private for more assurances.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Apparently,Caltrate or calcium supp. can reduce D.More treatable than chronic C usually.What about Lotronex?

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
if i feel stressed which is normally twice a week (weekdays and weekends)
no seriously if i am feeling particuarly stressed i find lying on top of my bed with headphones listening to soft music helps me feel a wee bit more relaxed, of course it may not work for everyone but it kinda keeps me from climbing the wall.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi deejay. I'm not going to tell you that I know how you feel because I don't. I do know what my life has been like living with IBS and it has been a tough road. I have gone through depression at times and other times I have managed to be optomistic. Living with IBS is very hard. I suffer from severe alternating d/c. I have had it for over 19 yrs. now. It has helped to ruin one marriage and I fear it will ruin this one. My self esteem gets so low when ever I am having a bad day, week, month or even year. I have gotten therapy to help me through these rough patches and sometimes they really help. I have thought before, that it would be easier to have a fatal disease because at least that would come to an end. When I start to think like that, I know I need to pull myself out of this black hole I'm in. I have to spend a lot of time homebound and that can really suck! I have found that if I tell myself "well, this is it. This is my life until and if I can find something that really helps me. I can either sit here and think about how miserable I am or find something, anything that can bring even a little joy into my life." then I can usually start to climb out of my depression. I'm not saying it's easy, cause God knows it's not but I think about how many lives would be changed without my existence here on earth. My daughter would have to go live with her alchoholic father and that would be a horrible life for her. My mom and dad who have already lost 2 children, would be devastated. Not to mention, that I'm not ready to give up living yet. Am I in pain on a daily basis? Yes. Do I spend a lot of time on the toilet? yes. Does it interfere with my quality of life? You bet your *** it does. There are many drawback to having to live with this but there is also so much joy still left in my heart. There are days when I can't even get out of bed in the morning, and then my kitten comes in and snuggles with me and I think well maybe it's not so bad to spend the day in bed. Other times when I am stuck staying close to home, I find myself listening to the radio and looking out the window. There is so much natural beauty in the world, that I never really noticed before. Now that I am forced into living life so slowly, I have time to see things as they really are. The sparkle of fresh fallen snow, the rainbow after a storm, and the buds begining to bloom. The world is a miraculous place, it just depends on how you chose to look at it. I hope this doesn't sound preachy, this is just my point of view. I hope that things look up for you soon. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi again deejay,I was totally panic stricken with bad ibs -d late last year (had it for about 20yrs though) when i finally tried calcium. it sounds simple but after 2 days I had such relief - i went from tripping to the loo 6-8 times a day to about 3. This made me feel so less stressed and able to feel more in control - please give serious thought to trying it.Take care - am thinking and praying for youjude

·
Registered
25 Posts
Deejay, I know exactly how you feel. 6 months ago, 3 days after my wedding, IBS-D started for me. Out of the blue! What should have been a wonderful honeymoon, was miserable. It hasn't stopped since. I have had to quit my job, miss out on many things with our kids.. you know the drill. Everything was supposed to be different. I had finally met my sole mate and life was awesome! And in one fell swoop, it's become .... Lately I have been feeling the same as you. Feeling extremely guilty that I am putting my husband through this. Can't imagine living life like this forever. Last Friday was awful ( about the middle point of a really bad week of it), but I did mannage to stumble on to this message board. Just knowing that I am not alone in this has helped a little. I have felt like such a freak with this. I have not had success, as of yet, with a Dr, but gonna try again in a week or so. One thing I have learned about this is that the more I stress about it, the worse I feel. Not easy to over come it though, but it does help. Thanks to this message board, I have begun trying Pysillium Fiber(Metamucil) at night before bed and it has helped some. My whole morning hasn't been shot evryday. I have also learned that I am probably lactose intollerant and possibly even fructose intollerant. I have tried lactaid and limiting my sugar intake(Not an easy task, I LOVE sugar) and all in all, not tooo bad of a week. Anyway, I hope that something I've said has helped. I have really felt and gotten so much support from this message board, I hope that maybe you too can begin to feel the same message. Also, have you tried chammomile tea? Seems to calm my nerves...Please be strong, Alyson

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.