Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am now so fed up with my ibs. It effects my life so much. I went to see my consultant last week. she was not very nice and basically told me to research it on the net. she told me that doctors like to cure patients and if they can't then we are wasting there time. I was very upset when i came out as i know there is no magic cure but help in making me feel a bit more comfortable. she then said after be moaning at her that i could try a different a medication. i then asked her for a prescription and was told that i can wait and see my gp as she didn't have a prescription pad with her and she wasn't going to get one. I am finding it so hard to cope. I am now on reduced hours at work but find this hard as i get diarrhoea so much that sometimes i have to come home. I like line dancing but because of my ibs i can't go unless i am having a good day. I just would like to do all the things i enjoy. sorry feeling sorry for myself.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I would strongly recommend that you choose another doctor. You should never be treated like that. It's very uncommon. She or he is disrespectful.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would find a new doctor and then file a complaint regarding the old one. If the doctor is part of a practice, ask to speak with the doctor in charge of the group, or if it's hospital based, ask to speak to someone there. Sending you to your GP because she "could not find her prescription pad" is completely unnecessary and unprofessional. It is a waste of your time and your money to see someone else when you already have an appointment with her. That is disgusting

1 - 3 of 3 Posts