Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a lot of those? I have a lot on my upper chest area mostly. Sometimes I wonder if they are a symptom of something happening on the inside as well. What-cha think?------------------

G

·
Moldie - I have several of those red bumps, too! I have a pretty big one on my shoulder. I've asked my doctor(s) about them and they say they are harmless (there's a big name for them starting with *hema* and I can't remember the rest). If you are afraid, should probably have your doctor check them out!Kathy

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey Moldie,I have those too. My doctor said it's something that happens to fair skinned people. If anyone knows of anything to make them go away, please post it.Moldie and Heykate - Are you fair skinned? Just wanted to know if my doctor was right.

G

·
Annette - you read my mind - I was going to say the same thing - I vaguely remember my doc saying the same thing, but I don't like to say things I'm not fairly sure about. YES!! I am VERY fair-skinned along with all the other sensitive things that come along with it - and I have red hair.I believe my doc told me I could have a surgery similar to mole removal for them - but mine aren't places that show so I've never considered it.Kathy

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
hummm,i wonder were those red bumps are,ha,ha,ha,hey kathy how are you doing now that you have been de galled, my bowels are acting funny,still get some constipation,go figure,plus at times it still feels like i have gallbladder symptoms! but i have more good days then bad,not like before.charlie

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, moldie again. I have dark hair and an olive, although somewhat pale complexion. I'm the type that burns easily at first exposure and then tans. My dermatologist told me they were capillaries that run close to the surface and then burst. They are bright red and look "blood filled". I've never bursted one as they are tender. They seem to come mostly over the breast bone area. They first appeared in my 20's about the time I started with IBS. I'm not concerned that they are malignant, as I had them checked, but they do show with a low neck-line. Guess I'll just accept them with the rest of my flaws. Thanks for the responses. I just wondered if it was some diagnostic clue that we may have in common. ------------------

G

·
How large are these raised bumps? I have a few small dots, about the size of a pin head, on my chest and hands. I recall reading somewhere that they are due to a deficiency of some sort--I wan't to say iron, but am not 100% sure. And I do have low iron levels.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I started getting those red bumps after I started taking estrogen 23 years ago. It does make you very sensitive to the sun even though I have never been before that. BUT my husband also has them all over him now. But then he has to put cortisone cream all voer him everyday because he has psorisis. so go figure.

G

·
I have a couple of those; and I am also very fair-skinned blonde (as long as there are hair stylists). One on my leg is even itchy. My dermatologist checks me out twice a year so I know they are OK. She called them the hema thing, too. I get so many things cut off I don't do it unless I have to.I also take estrogen and have for about 12 years. They probably arrived after that. I wonder.[This message has been edited by gal4 (edited 05-02-99).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts