Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
No personal experience, don't remember ever hearing anyone here talking about it.I don't know if it is specifically for bloating.Here is the description I found
Carbo vegetabilis: Sour belching bringing only small relief, burning pain in the stomach and abdomen, and flatulence after eating may be seen when this remedy is needed. The person feels cold and faint, with a strong desire for fresh or moving air. Digestion may be slow and incomplete, with nausea or cramping.
http://www.vitacost.com/Healthnotes/Homeo/...gestion-hm.aspxNow some bloating is gas, a lot of bloating is not. Have you tried digestive enzymes with pancreatin in them which can help with bloating (mostly not gas from what I can tell). Probiotics seem to help with bloating from gas, if they reduce gas volume for you, and they do not always do that.http://www.truestarhealth.com/Notes/2234009.html has a lot of the same type of infoLycopodium is the only one that seems to mention bloating specifically.Did a homeopathic doctor give it to you or are you just doing it on your own?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi kathleen,thank you so much for the response. Well I was under lycopodium for a while and it drastically helped my constipation and made me have a BM everyday. However, it hasnt really done much for my bloating, and yes Im under homeopathic treatment and he has changed my lycopodium medicine to carbo vegetabalis, telling me that my bloating should reduce with this medicine. I have been taking this medicine for the last one week but in a couple of weeks he says I shud see a change. I saw in previous posts people talking about this medicine and that they were taking lycopoidum before as well and that their homoepathic doctor prescribed them carbo for bloating, but they never got back as to whether it had helped them. So i was curious that some of them see my message and possibly respond to it. But quick question for your kathleen, when you mention that lot of the bloating is not gas what exactly is it? is it possibly bacteria from large intestine making its way up the small intestine and possibly causing the bloatedess?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Bacteria by themselves when not eating anything don't seem to cause bloating.Bloating seems to have a few causes.1. Gas. Distends the colon. Bacteria make most of the gas. Not sure that total volume goes up a lot from SIBO, but you will get gas in places you don't normally get much gas.2. Pain/sensitivity. The abdominal wall will relax to take pressure off tender guts. This seems to be pretty common in IBSers and while some people react to gas distension with pain a lot of IBSers get pain from colon activity levels or any of a number of other things. Gas is not the one and only problem for IBSers. Kinda like you find it hard to stand with all your weight on foot/ankle that is sore. Your body will automatically try to take the weight/pressure/etc off of something that hurts when you put weight/pressure on it. Sometimes you can over-ride that but most people can only do that for so long before they give into the pain and stop doing what makes it worse.3. Gastrocolic reflex issues --some part of the normal reaction to the act of eating, will cause even a totally healthy person to bloat if they eat a fatty enough meal, but seems to effect IBSers more than others, but then every single thing about the "I ate" signal and the downstream reactions to that seems to over react in IBS. Pancreatin may be most helpful for this as it was initially tested in healthy people with a fatty meal that makes every human feel bloated afterward.If you get bloated all to heck even on a very low carb diet, or when you take probiotics to reduce your fart frequency to nearly zero, then gas really is pretty darn unlikely to be the source of your bloating and a lot of IBSers will still bloat a lot when they do everything to reduce gas volume a human can do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.