Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm an engineer and developed IBS-C about two years ago. My job is really demanding, so naturally I'm stressed a lot. Additionally, I sit at a desk all day staring at a computer which can effect my digestion between the sitting, boredom, and the stress. I'm considering a career change to something more active, but expect it to pay less, which is causing me additional stress. I'm considering actually becoming an electrician through a union as it would pay really well after the 4 or 5 year training.

Has anyone had to change careers, dramatically or minor, in order to cope with their symptoms? If so, from what to what and how did you cope with changes in pay, if any?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thejono,
I hear you with regards to this topic; I am a teacher and just graduated with a masters in social work. It is tough. I find the desk jobs terrible for me ...closed cubicle next to people all day = bloating and embarrassment. Whereas teaching is tough cause I can't leave the room. The best scenarios are working from home or by telephone. With your degree depending on your background...maybe there is a business you could start online or web design is good and in demand.
Just a suggestion. For me I am struggling still looking for telephonic counselling or juggling different jobs. No good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the insights. It's just that I recently graduated from one of the best trade schools, which is on the list of the best schools on this site. But I've never heard of such an interesting approach to investment. In fact, it was nice to read your answers to this question. If someone knows more about this case than anyone else, write to me in private messages, I would like to talk about this in private. Thank you again very much for the answers. I was very interested in this. I will delve into this matter. The only question is, is it relevant to do this now or not? Good luck to everyone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts