Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wondering if anyone knows anything about this? i posted on here sometime ago about having painful leg and wrist pain, when i went to see jim in hospital today, and the nurse gave me a coffee i could not hold the cup in my right hand, plus my fingers were aching, and the sensation felt like very bad cramp pain.On the nurses advice i went down to the a&e dept and saw a doctor who had a good look at my wrist, he gave me some tramadol and said if it was still bad in 3-4 weeks i had to go and see my own gp, he said he thinks i may have this tunnel syndrome, i was just wondering if anyone has any info on this? thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't know about the legs but your hands sound like you may have carpal tunnel. Sister-in-law had one wrist done a few years ago and she's having the other done at 9am in the morning. I know she has similar symptoms with the wrist/hands. She works in a warehouse and is constantly bending/loading/pulling boxes of automotive belts/hoses or else she's on the computer. 30+ years of this has taken it's toll. She will be off 3 weeks to recover and then will begin "light" duty.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi! I had carpel tunnel surgery to correct my pain, numbness, and tingling in my right hand/arm/fingers a couple of years ago. I'm a hairstylist and my whole hand and then arm would go numb while working. It would start at my fingertips and works its way up my arm. I would have to shake it downwards to "wake it up" again. It seemed to be real bad at night too and would have to hang it over the side of the bed to wake it up. I did have a bit of weakness also but, not as much as my co-worker who also had it repaired. I waited too long to have this simple procedure done and do have a bit of nerve loss in my ring finger but, since the surgery, it has been almost 100% better. I'm glad I had it done. To test for this, the dr gave me an electrode type test at my wrist area that can read if it is actually carpel tunnel. It kind of "zapped" my wrist but didn't really hurt. Just a bit uncomfortable. I had the surgery done and I was back to cutting hair in 10 days! No problems! I hope that I have been of some help. Good luck with it!

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi there, thanks for that info, i was not really sure what to think about it.I find that when i get up in the morning there is no pain, but as the day goes on it gradually gets very painful.I saw a doc at the hospital and he gave me tramadol, and said if its still painful in a few weeks to go and see my own gp.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
yes I get it from using a mouse too much. Be very carful, it can cause PERMANENT NERVE DAMAGEnerves don't like to be pinched for long periods of time, they die. Is yours from using a mouse, keyboard? good thing is with rest it goes away. You see when the wrist swells it swells inward and that pinches the nerve. can't swell outward because of the boney structure called the carpal tunnel. Probably you have Goggled this all by now? If its a mouse, get one that fits your hand! very important.

·
Registered
254 Posts
quote:Originally posted by joolie:thanks guys, i hope your sister in law is ok ZZ and i hope she gets on ok with the surgery
I talked with her late Monday morning, when she was still under the influence of the pain killers. She sure was happy and had a high pitched voice!I saw her wrist yesterday afternoon. It just looks like they slit it across about 2 inches and the stitches are internal. She said it feels okay though it itches. She really can't do anything with it for awhile so we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Glad the surgery went well! She should heal up just fine. Mine was a small slit in the lower palm of my hand and it blends right in to my lines in my hand! Can't even see it. Wish her well for us!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.