Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing some research because I'm desperate to get off the sennakot-s laxative that my doctor suggested (before I become dependant on it) and found some interesting info on Cascara Sagrada, but want to know if anyone has ever tried it?They say it's "popularly used to treat chronic constipation" - that's me
Please anyone who's tried it, let me know if it worked?Thank youCarole

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello there--I have been taking CascaraSagrada for many years in some form or another (most always one of the key ingredients in natural supplements for the big C)--it is very helpful, but also can bequite hard on us at the same time, causing additional cramping and spasms--I also find that urgency is increased, so when I need to go the bathroom, I need to go right away, or I'm doubled over.--I definitely think you should incorporate it into your every day treatment,but agree that you should start off with a lower dose--see how your body responds, and increase if necessary. Good luck--let us know if it helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.