Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading on a site where castor oil compresses are recommended. I have never heard of this, and found a few references searching old posts here, but not a whole lot. Has anyone tried them and have they helped with any symptoms..pain, tenderness, anything? They sound like a mess and a pain to do, but if they actually help, I would try them.Thank you!

·
Registered
546 Posts
I was reading on a site where castor oil compresses are recommended. I have never heard of this, and found a few references searching old posts here, but not a whole lot. Has anyone tried them and have they helped with any symptoms..pain, tenderness, anything? They sound like a mess and a pain to do, but if they actually help, I would try them.Thank you!
Did you read about this on Art Ayers's site Cooling Inflammation? I enjoy reading his stuff. I have been experimenting with biofilm protocols, some of which he discusses. I tried the polyethylene glycol (PEG) that he mentions, and it did not help. Regarding the castor oil, I don't think it will kill you. So just give it a try. If it doesn't work, what did you lose?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you read about this on Art Ayers's site Cooling Inflammation? I enjoy reading his stuff. I have been experimenting with biofilm protocols, some of which he discusses. I tried the polyethylene glycol (PEG) that he mentions, and it did not help. Regarding the castor oil, I don't think it will kill you. So just give it a try. If it doesn't work, what did you lose?
I read it on Weston A. Price's website.......never heard of him before, but I found the info interesting. I tried PEG for constipation, it worked, but the amount of gas it caused was unbearable, and it made my pain worse. I may just give the oil a try, I just have a cabinet full of "remedies" that didn't really work, so before I bought anything else, I wanted to try and get opinions first.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I read it on Weston A. Price's website.......never heard of him before, but I found the info interesting. I tried PEG for constipation, it worked, but the amount of gas it caused was unbearable, and it made my pain worse. I may just give the oil a try, I just have a cabinet full of "remedies" that didn't really work, so before I bought anything else, I wanted to try and get opinions first.
Well, I tend to D, not C. So PEG just gave me lots more D. If I were to do it again, I would take antibiotic substances (probably non-prescription) after the PEG, with the hope that the PEG was disrupting the biofilm, making the bacteria and fungi more susceptible to the antibiotic substances.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used castor oil packs 3 times a week for about 6 months. I found the time I spent doing it relaxing and it always feels good to put heat on my tummy, but I found no improvement with my IBS symptoms from doing them. They are a little messy and time consuming so I gave them up. I don't think they hurt, and maybe they help keep in you in better health overall, but it I wouldn't expect any miracles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used castor oil packs 3 times a week for about 6 months. I found the time I spent doing it relaxing and it always feels good to put heat on my tummy, but I found no improvement with my IBS symptoms from doing them. They are a little messy and time consuming so I gave them up. I don't think they hurt, and maybe they help keep in you in better health overall, but it I wouldn't expect any miracles.
Thanks for your post! I kind of figured it might feel good, but couldn't understand how it could really help, but I am always open to new things. I just have bought everything I have heard might help in the last year, and now I am tired of spending money on stuff that hasn't really helped. You gave it longer than I probably would have, it's something I would do if it truly worked, but unless I got good results, I know it would be too much of a pain for me to keep up with. I am happy to hear some feedback on it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts