Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe this is happening. I saw a different doctor then my regular doctor on Thursday. He looked at all the results and flat out told me they were normal. Well my regular doctor called here this afternoon with a different story. He says I have Ovarian cysts (he says they were "normal"), and my urine test showed that I had an infection there too. Problem is my husband talked to him, I didn't get to. I was in the bathroom when he first called, and after I was out my husband decided he could handle the call. I had no clue who he was talking to.So I have so many questions. How does he know it's a cyst? And not a tumor? How does he know it's "normal"? Which side is it on. How big is it. How many were there. I'm so upset, and I after trying to call him back he was already gone for the day. So now I have to wait until Monday.
This is going to be a long weekend.If you know anything about cysts or have ever had one. Please share anything you can with me. I'm freaking out over here.
Also wanted to add what symptoms I was having that made me go to the doctor to begin with. A dull pain in my lower right side, short periods, tender breasts, low grade fever, and a swollen lymphnode on the right hand side of my groin. I'm assuming some of this is from a UTI, and the rest the cysts. I've had IBS-D for almost 4 years now, my symptoms with that never change. But I'm SO scared that I have ovarian cancer. I could just cry.
Jennifer

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Jennifer:You might try posting this on the Women's forum, and in the Meeting Place. In the MP a little while back several of us were disussing ovarian cysts.I'm afraid I don't know much about them. I was told last year I have small ones (2 centimeters) and not to worry. Some of the women in the MP were saying that is large enough to cause pain.Anyway, post over there and I'm sure everyone will be glad to help. I just haven't done any research on it.JeanG

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Jennifer:You might try posting this on the Women's forum, and in the Meeting Place. In the MP a little while back several of us were disussing ovarian cysts.I'm afraid I don't know much about them. I was told last year I have small ones (2 centimeters) and not to worry. Some of the women in the MP were saying that is large enough to cause pain.Anyway, post over there and I'm sure everyone will be glad to help. I just haven't done any research on it.JeanG

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Jennifer. I just recently went through this whole cyst thing. I did post over on the other board as well and had some responses there, so check those out as well.Anyhow, I went to my doc the beginning of the month and he did a pelvic and told me I had a "rather large cyst, right side". He put me on Vioxx to help with inflammation and pain. I had to wait then until my next period, which was last Saturday and I went back to see him on Monday. He did a transvaginal ultrasound and said that the cyst resolved itself, which he was expecting when I got my period. They usually will go away on their own. They can tell if they are a tumor or cancerous or anything abnormal through the ultrasound or scan...it appears on the tests whether they are fluid filled (normal, non-cancerous) or a solid mass (possible problem). I have been told numerous times since the beginning of the month that they are really nothing to worry about..they usually go away on their own and are not a cancerous thing to worry about. I hope this helps, as I was really upset when I heard about it as well...so I know what you are feeling. Try to enjoy the weekend and if the pain is really bad, taking an NSAID, advil, motrin, might help...as that's what the Vioxx was and it may help with your pain and inflammation, if you can tolerate that kind of med.Take care, and hang in there...if the doc was concerned when he saw it, he would have let you know...by them saying it is normal...it's just a common cyst that from what I learned many of us get and will probably resolve itself within a few cycles.If you have any other questions or if I can help with anything else, feel free to let me know.Heather (hak1luv###aol.com)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Jennifer. I just recently went through this whole cyst thing. I did post over on the other board as well and had some responses there, so check those out as well.Anyhow, I went to my doc the beginning of the month and he did a pelvic and told me I had a "rather large cyst, right side". He put me on Vioxx to help with inflammation and pain. I had to wait then until my next period, which was last Saturday and I went back to see him on Monday. He did a transvaginal ultrasound and said that the cyst resolved itself, which he was expecting when I got my period. They usually will go away on their own. They can tell if they are a tumor or cancerous or anything abnormal through the ultrasound or scan...it appears on the tests whether they are fluid filled (normal, non-cancerous) or a solid mass (possible problem). I have been told numerous times since the beginning of the month that they are really nothing to worry about..they usually go away on their own and are not a cancerous thing to worry about. I hope this helps, as I was really upset when I heard about it as well...so I know what you are feeling. Try to enjoy the weekend and if the pain is really bad, taking an NSAID, advil, motrin, might help...as that's what the Vioxx was and it may help with your pain and inflammation, if you can tolerate that kind of med.Take care, and hang in there...if the doc was concerned when he saw it, he would have let you know...by them saying it is normal...it's just a common cyst that from what I learned many of us get and will probably resolve itself within a few cycles.If you have any other questions or if I can help with anything else, feel free to let me know.Heather (hak1luv###aol.com)

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heather THANK YOU!! Really, you don't know how much better you just made me feel! I will go check out the other posts now. But thanks again, it helps hearing that you had one and it resolved itself (and that it's common that they aren't anything serious!). It's amazing all the weird things we can get. Like having IBS wasn't enough!Jennifer

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heather THANK YOU!! Really, you don't know how much better you just made me feel! I will go check out the other posts now. But thanks again, it helps hearing that you had one and it resolved itself (and that it's common that they aren't anything serious!). It's amazing all the weird things we can get. Like having IBS wasn't enough!Jennifer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.