Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what causes IBS? Is there actually a reason that some of us have these problems and others are just fine? I have listened to my husband for over 10 yrs. tell me that I just need to eat more fiber, and just go to the bathroom- what's my problem? I didn't get a clear answer from my dr. I am so grateful to all of you for sharing your experiences with us all. I feel so much better just knowing that you are all here for support, and we are all going through the same thing. I always thought I had to deal with this on my own and it was just the way my body was. Now I know there is something wrong.Sherry

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got a colonscopy and the guy told me i was fine and to take more fiber, I almost punched that harvard jerk in the face. It is real, it can come on out of nowhere at any age and there is no 'cure'. Welcome to the life of IBS lol. Anyway, your husband needs some reading material because a lot of people who date/marry those with this condition have no idea what it really involves. Anyway, sorry about the 0 good news I provide and welcome

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been able to control my IBS with just a diet change. Now I'm not saying it's completely gone but for the most part I have no problems. I try to eat foods low in fats and eat more veggies. This may not work for everyone but it helped me. Reading on this forum I'd say i have mild IBS compared to most people on this site, so maybe that is why the diet change helped.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.