Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first few years of symptoms I refused to get a colonscopy done because I was so sure this was all psychosomatic hence IBS. It got so bad that I decided to get the colonscopy done and an upper GI. The doc found ulcers in my colon and I'm moreso at risk for Crohn's disease diagnosis. I have to go back to the hospital for more tests and I'm so scared now that I found out this isn't IBS anymore.
So everyone, please, if not diagnosed properly with IBS, please take a chance on getting tested. Oh, and also I'd like to thank everyone for comforting me in my pseudo-IBS woes, it is really great to know that I'm not alone in these embarrassing intestinal probs.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Yes, your right. You really do need to be diagnosed properly... there are loads of conditions that mimic IBS that can be more serious.Make sure you see a GI. Its worth it in the long run.Don't worry Bat, if there is anything wrong with you i am sure there will be a way of controlling it and making sure you are ok. Try not to worry... Have a look on the IBD forum- ask them some questions! They will be more helpful than i can be at this time.Spliffy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.