Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone of you tried medical cannabis rich in CBD (cannabidiol) to treat their IBS-D? Does it work?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have not, but it is on the list of things that I will try. I only have taken nabilone, which I found decent for nausea, and appetite, but it left me feeling generally awful the entire day. It never did anything for my IBS, but that was years ago, before my condition deteriorated into what it is now. Marijuanna is soon to be legalized in this country anyhow so the previous barriers of all the medical bueracracy will no longer be in my way to try this option. I give it about a year.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I tried an extract of it. It didn´t help my gut at all. One night I got up to pee and passed out on the bathroom floor. Luckily, I didn´t hit my head on anything.
biggrin.png

·
Registered
598 Posts
I do not have d, but i have c. Marijuana does nothing to help the constipation but it helps more than any pill I have been prescribed for nausea by far. Without it i would probably never eat.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've had a patient who regularly used marijuana (not medical cannabis) and he reported some relief from it.

However I strongly discourage using any kind of canabinoids for IBS.

There are a lot more effective and safe methods to manage the symptoms.

Currently this patient is well-controlled and marijuana-free.

Stefan M.D.
Interesting how it is not mentioned what the other methods are. I find titrating up with a high CBD extract is very effective, just expensive until the cost eventually going down. I don't find it unsafe at all.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I tried an extract of it. It didn´t help my gut at all. One night I got up to pee and passed out on the bathroom floor. Luckily, I didn´t hit my head on anything.
biggrin.png
Sounds like you overdosed. I titrated up and NEVER felt dizzy, especially with a high CBD extract! Don't need medical cannabis, unless you have inflammation too. CBD is all you mainly need for spasming and can get in online, just look for their lab report on cannabinoids' %s and and any contaminates for legitimacy, otherwise find another company.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts