Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i realize many have felt inhibited in responding but I would like an answer to my question and I'll try to ask it as simply as i can.One of the charcteristics of IBS is that our perceptions aren't accurate. Does this mean that CBT gives us more accurate perceptions? has anyone tried both?I know I should be asking this question in the anxiety forum but i don't think eric will let me.tom

· Banned
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Ian, very helpful response. I hope others will be encouraged to give their thoughts. interestinglink, eric, Spiegel has been doing good work for a long time and i think he has the same question about hypnosis in general that I am trying to get information on in relation to HT for IBS quote""But our goal is not just to verify a hypothesis. With hypnosis, we can help people modulate perceptions in ways that are therapeutically helpful." end quotewhat are the ways is a question that will be anawered in the future for hypnosis in general and I hope the what ways question for IBS will be answered in the future for IBS specifically. Once again, eric, I am not at all arguing against HT.tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.