Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am presuming that this stands for cognitive behaviour therapy, but what is it actually? I am quite sure that my IBS is triggered by being tense and worried about my symptoms rearing their head at social functions and just in general day to day life. Would CBT help this and where would I go.

G

·
Hi... yes, I have engaged in CBT.... years of it .... and overall it was a positive experience for me. Much depends on the therapist and much depends on where the client/patient is in their life. It is my opinion that whether or not CBT is successful depends upon the willingness of the person who is engaging in it to find a resolution to their problems. I personally believe that everyone would benefit from some form of CBT. It primarily teaches us to respect ourselves, which translates into better interactions with others and in feeling better about ourselves.Hope this helps, Evie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.