Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started on Celexa three weeks ago and have had the first three weeks of IBS free days in the past 18 months! Is this "placebo" effect as I thought Celexa took several weeks to begin working? Not sure if mood has improved other than being overjoyed from not having excruciating pain! Also last night I was fine one second and the next I had this dizzy / hot/ nausea feeling and vomited - bug or Celexa? Thanks to anyone who can offer answers!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was on the Celexa for a while It seemed to help for a bit I had been on a lot of anti depressents beforeThe I was switched to Lexapro which was new at the time and worked much better.and now just recently my doc switched me to cymbolta it took me a wjhile to get the right dosage but its really helping and it does have some pain meds in itKaren

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi - thanks for the info. I feel like the Celexa has helped tremendously however I am afraid that my appetite has gotten kicked up a notch or two and I DO NOT WANT TO GAIN WEIGHT!!! The only positive with my IBS was staying thin w/o trying. Don't get me wrong - IBS ruined my life, but I would like to avoid weight gain too. Am I asking too much here?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.