Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here ever been tested for celiac disease(gluten intolerance)? The symptoms are very similar to IBS.My mother suffers from it and has to follow a gluten-free diet--but she feels great! I am awaiting my test results.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi, I was just tested for Celiac's Disease... I am not sure how long the results take... It's been about two weeks and I haven't heard anything...------------------sandwomin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re Celiac Disease and/or gluten intolerance.I have had the test for Celiac Disease (small bowel biopsy). It was negative. However, my gastroenterologist did say, that you can still be intolerant to gluten, but not have Celiac Disease. The symptoms are so similar, this makes sense.I have eliminated a lot of gluten from my diet. For those who don't know, gluten is the protein found in wheat,oats,rye,barley and millet, I think. I eat gluten free bread and rice pasta etc. I feel better when I do this.Not as constipated. So maybe I am intolerant to gluten.I am 99% sure that wheat constipates me. Sharon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.