Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im posting this message to try and get some idea fo coping with adominal pain. it started a year ago had gall bladder removed ok for ahile stomach pains trated with nexium worked foe ahile 20mg then had series of test bloob cat scan 2x and endoscopy all normal still pain doubled up on nexium my tennitus went wild came off now on 20mg of pepsin 2x a day watching my diet anti gas working out bike riding walking weight i am 64 and hs adm. and formere football lacroose coach. im now wondering if i have chronic functional abdominal pain cfap. is there anyone who can give some guidelines on what to due im high axiety at this point from stomach pain and wondering whats next anti- depressants . i do take beano gasx probotics applecidar and pepsin every meal thanks for any support you can offer.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Jack,Check your email I sent you info on taking calcium carbonate to help with diarrhea and pain since having the gb removed. Let me know if I can help get things worked out if you want to try the calcium.Check the diarrhea section of this board for some success stories.Linda

·
Registered
461 Posts
According to my GI doc, who specializes in the treatment of functional GI problems, the treatment plan for IBS is the same as the treatment plan for CFAP.General non-specific abdominal pain has always been my primary symptom. I have had tremendous success in the last year with an old Tri-Cyclic Antidepressant (Nortriptyline). The dosage level for pain is a small fraction of what would be prescribed for depression. A number of the old TCAs have been clinically proven to be effective pain relievers at relatively low doses. I would estimate my pain reduction to be about 75-80% but it took 6-8 weeks before reaching this level. Nortriptyline was not my docs first choice. I tried Desipramine but it gave me a very uncomfortable case of prostatitis that went away a few days after stopping the Desipramine. You may have to experiment with specific TCAs and dosages but you should be able to find one that gives you some relief. Check out this article for more info. Scroll down to the section on Antidepressants. Current Pharmacologic Treatments of Irritable Bowel Syndrome

·
Registered
532 Posts
I suggest you give thought to the Calcium... I tried it and it is working... I like you want to go without unnecessary medications.. To me the Calcium is a God send... honestly...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts