Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've had it with the lomotil (if you've read my lotronex, now lomotil thread, you know what I'm talking about). The lomotil isn't even working as well as the immodium does. Everything else seems to have side effects where you will become more sensitive to heat and sun and not to get over heated, my new job won't allow for that. I'm thinking of telling my GI that I disagree with the fact that they won't rx the lotronex to me anymore. I want a lower dosage, or I'll get a second opinion. Has anyone else done this and been sucessful? I feel like no matter what, they'll make sure I don't get a rx for it (even if I see a different GI). From the catscan, they can tell that I have absolutely no evidence of ischemic colitis or any type of damage what so ever. They just think I may have had it (after almost three years of no problems), so they will not rx to me. I feel completely helpless right now.P.S. If you didn't read my other thread, I was constipated for about a half hour and then extreme D, followed by some reddish/pink mucous. I called my GI immediately because I was scared of ischemic colitis. I had a catscan a week and a half later which was completely negative. I've had D ever since. I have never had a problem with constipation before on the lotronex. Now my GI says they don't feel comfortable rxing the lotronex to me and they're making me try other rxs.Thanks to anyone who replies for your advice/experiences,Kim

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.