Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
All I know about that tea, is that my Grandma (she passed away in 97) used to give it to me to calm me down. But who else knows what other uses it has. If it works for you, great!!Jadair--- :love:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Something else you might want to try is peppermint tea or ( it sounds silly, I know ) chew on a few of the mini peppermint patties. There are some doctors who say that the peppermint might cause heartburn, but I have not found it to do so.Try it and be mindful of how your body feels. If it feels like it offered relief, good! If not, it was worth a shot, you know? LOL~Veggie~

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Chamomile is one of my most favorite herbs. It is generally gentle and mild and it does help relax a difficult stomach when taken warm.It needs to be taken warm though.However, if someone has a really bad allergy to ragweed, you have to be careful because the gentle chamomile is a memeber of the ragweed family.It doesn't tend to be as prone to trigger the Allergies but it is known to happen and so if you have a headache or other symptoms from it stop using it and choose an alternative.Kamie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.