Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,Firstly let me say how wonderful it has been to find this site, and I hope it will be of some great use to my long suffering boyfriend!I am Laura, and am 22 years old from London, and boyfriend Jay is 36. He has been diagnosed with IBS for a few years now.He is on Omaprezole and Spazmonal to control the IBS.Yesterday morning he awoke with a pain in the ride side of his abdomen, which lasted for a couple of hours. Nothing happened, but during the day he said that it felt like there was a "ball" in his stomach (not the first time this has happened), and he was very bloated and his stomach was hard. He said that he was feeling quite sick (day before he had a very bad headache and felt sick too). When he come in from work, he said that he still felt sick, and that he didnt want anything to eat. He later on said he felt better so I did some steak and potato soup with a couple of slices of brown bread for him. A couple of hours later he said he was going to be sick, and when he came back downstairs said that not a lot had come up. This happened roughly every hour and a half, and said that he felt like he was going to be sick every time he moved. It got to about 3am, and he had some gurgling, and had a pretty bad episode of IBS (diarrhoea). He went back to sleep, and slept through till the morning. This morning he says that he still doesnt feel any different, and that his stomach is still bloated, and he was sick again before he went off to work. He said that he could taste acid, and that it felt like indigestion. I phoned him an hour ago and he said again that nothing has changed.Does this sound like it is related to IBS at all? I have said that when he gets back in if it has not changed then he should go to the doctors, but he is always reluctant to go to them. I am just dreading another night like last nights.I hope someone can shed some light on this for him,Many thanks in advance,Laura

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Vomitin/nausea with diarrhea and feeling ill tends to be a GI virus. If it calms down in a couple of days and he doesn't get dehydrated there usually isn't a big need to go to the doctor.If the nausea and pain (especially if on the right side up under the ribs radiating to the right shoulder blade and severe) keeps going he probably wants to get his gall bladder checked out to make sure it hasn't gone bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
He sounds like he's pretty sick. He needs to get to a doctor ASAP. It could be something serious like appendicitis, gallbladder problems, ulcer, etc. Even if he starts feeling better I'd still get him in to a dr.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.