Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The normal symptoms that i want cured is the bloating that is painful that comes from eating anything. Somewhat dense gas but does not smell and trapped in the intestines that causes MAJOR pain in the ribs, back, etc. It is absolutely horrendous.Well i started culturelle and today is day 2. I am having a lot of gas and bloating, and the gas I am able to pass which is a surprise. Haven't remember what that felt like. I also am belching a lot of air from my upper intestines. I have A LOT of acid reflux and heartburn and it is absolutely painful. My throat is burning up on fire. I dont know if this is a good trade off.. i mean one is bad painful gas with no burping or passing gas and now it's the complete opposite of passing too much, burping too much, acid reflux that come up to my nose and just the biggest bloat you've seen. I have been told that the acid can be caused by too much lactic acid and the lactobacillus is not for me, i should go for bifido. I have also been told that this is a die off type reaction and that it'll subside or to give it time. Any thoughts on this? I've had gastritis and ulcer symptoms before and acid before so as far as im concerned, this is a little too familiar and not something i want to experience. I NEVER want to see nexium again. Does this mean the probiotic is working?? or.... do i need to stop before more damage is done?

·
Registered
27 Posts
It definitely sounds like die-off symptoms, where things get a bit worse before they get better. You should keep trying and give it at least a week.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm thanks. I will keep pushing through maybe it will ultimately end up helping me. Day 3... :(At least its' not constipating. constipation AND bloating AND acid is a no no.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts