Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Last year doc told me I had IBS. Suggested Senekot twice a day - it worked a treat, felt great for 9 months. About 2 months ago I started a weight loss programme and have lost about 10lbs. I've cut out most fatty foods, eat more veg and fibre and taken up more exercise. I feel much fitter. BUT, my IBS is back - this time mainly constipation, gas and bloatedness.Anyone got any ideas what might have triggered its return? I don't want to go back to eating fatty foods. Also, I wonder if the Senekot isn't working for me with my new diet.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I wouldn't imagine eating healthier (especially things like fruits and veges) as opposed to high fat foods would make you stop going. It is possible though that your body has gotten used to the senekot and it's just not working so much for you no matter what you are doing with your diet.

·
Registered
154 Posts
hi i changed my diet a while back to a more healthy diet to but when i did it i got D with it but eventually it calmed itself down after i took immodium maybe you should have a word with your doctor and ask if theres any differnt medication he could reccomend

·
Registered
7 Posts
quote:My Space»Member DirectoryForums»Chat Rooms»IBS BlogsIBS Penpals
I suspect the increased fiber has done it. I can't tolerate too much fiber at all. Most people have to have more fiber and all the literature says more fiber the better. I like Metamucil twice a day...I can tolerate that, but not the fiber you consume for some reason.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for comments. Spoke to pharmacist today. She said carry on with Senekot and suggested Lactulose for when things get bad, so will try that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts