Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i tried it,the stools were "normal" but it seems to stuck more in my bowel.Is there a trick to conteract the stuck feeling?Making Normal BM is very cool but it tend to bring an unconfortable bowel with charcoal.Others users?Charcoal absorb the gas...

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:Charcoal absorb the gas
It's actually adsorb, but only when it's dry. So consuming charcoal has no effect.

·
Registered
167 Posts
spasman, I am not sure what flux what was referring to when he said that "consuming charcoal has no effect" whether it was about the gas or about it in general, but I just started it and my stools are also much better. I don't know about the stuck feeling. Perhaps, if you aren't already, consume more fruits and vegetables and maybe they will help it move more freely.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Flux said:It's actually adsorb, but only when it's dry. So consuming charcoal has no effect.Charcoal HAVE AN EFFECT,it makes round and shapes stool and make it BLACK!!!
Dry or not.
A gas cannot be wet.
My theory is that because it absorb most of the gas, the pushing action on the stools are less effecient.So i guess every IBS-D should try it.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:My theory is that because it absorb most of the gas
But it does not do this.
quote: which is most authoritative
It's more authoritative because of who wrote it

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:It's more authoritative because of who wrote it Who wrote?Flux?

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Off topic but i think we should close all the hospitals because they kill more people than save life(bad meds,medicalsss errorsss,surgery who turn bad...$$$)All these mistakes are the #1 killers in the world in my statistic(and the reality probably).

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quotes from B link:Commonly employed doses of activated charcoal do not appreciably influence the liberation of fecal gases.Maybe but it makes NORMAL STOOLS(BIG And black)!I had to stop it because i was unconfortable(stuck feeling).Maybe i should find a stimulant(grape juice or others smooth laxative) to mix with charcoal...

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK Flux i get it, "aDsorb" rather than "aBsorb" in french

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe an enteric coated pill would be more efficient(wet or dry)?A study on that?I will check my english Webster(dictionary) to be sure Flux dosen't laugh at me.

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
The difference between adsorb and absorb is technical http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/1077064138.Ch.r.html Activated charcoal when it is wetneither adsorbs or absorbs gas. That is the importance of the first study I posted http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...st_uids=9934757 flux means charcoal is useful only when it is dry to adsorb gas. But the minute it enters the GI tract it becomes wet.Spasman as tempted as one might be to call flux the King of Gas, there really is someone who is more authoritative than him. Michael Levit. Just type in Levitt MD[au] in Pubmed http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...d&itool=toolbar and you will see his huge contribution to the study of gas

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
Actualy sometimes I wonder if flux is Michael Levitt. Just imagine a cranky old man who has studied gas in all its fine detail. Doesn't that make sense and he would have access to medical info that no one else has because of all the experiments that he has done

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah but apparently his name his Maurice somethinglike *Lek* said
And he sell software(maybe a cover)

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What the Europeans Are DoingThe most popular digestive aid sold in Europe is called Digest RC. This product was introduced in Europe over 45 years ago, and today more than 100 million doses of the product are sold annually, primarily in Eastern Europe.The mechanism of action of the formula is to stimulate peristalsis of the intestines, speed digestion of fats, and prevent stagnation of food in the digestive tract. Benefits for the user are a reduction in esophageal acid reflux; alleviation of the feeling of fullness and bloating after eating; decreased digestive tract tension; alkalinization of gastric contents; constipation relief; and normalized elimination.Black radish juice extract is the primary active ingredient in Digest RC. Virtually unknown in the United States, radishes contain a variety of chemicals that increase the flow of digestive juices. The most important function of black radish extract is that it encourages the liver to produce fat- and protein-digesting bile and lowers the tension of the bile ducts. It also improves peristaltic movement. Constipation is one problem benefiting from radish consumption. Rich in fiber and digestive stimulants, regular consumption of radishes helps regulate the bowels. Because dehydration is a major cause of constipation, radishes help hydrate and lubricate the intestines and encourage relaxed bowel movements. The root juice extract of the black radish used in Digest RC is the most potent part of the plant.A bonus is the ability of the radish to assist the immune system because it contains a variety of chemicals that possess natural antimicrobial actions (Terras et al. 1992). Regular consumption of radishes may lead to a significant improvement in resistance against common microbial infections such as colds, sore throats, ear infections, and the flu. A French study in which liquid radish extract was administered to mice before they were inoculated with influenza virus demonstrated protection against the influenza infection. There was a significant decrease in the mortality rate and a significant increase in the rate of survival as compared to the untreated controls (Esanu et al. 1985).A second constituent of Digest RC is artichoke, which acts directly on the liver, further increasing production of bile and causing it to flow through bile ducts. It is used in cases of low food tolerance, troubled digestion, and assimilation.Peppermint, another ingredient of Digest RC, helps relax gastrointestinal smooth muscle (Hills et al. 1991).The charcoal in Digest RC is particularly useful in absorbing toxins. Charcoal is commonly used for gastrointestinal decontamination by a majority of North American poison control centers (Juurlink et al. 2000). It also calms a stressed digestive system, allowing digestive enzymes to be produced and released. Indigestion and nervous vomiting are also treated with this ingredient. The charcoal in Digest RC is actually a special herbal preparation of linden tree bark, traditionally used in Europe as a digestive aid. This special preparation has antibacterial properties, which when used as directed helps balance the digestive tract and support the creation of the proper intestinal flora. At the same time, it creates an inhospitable environment for parasitic infestation.Another key ingredient in Digest RC is cholic acid (or pure processed ox bile), a liver enzyme used for digestion. Cholic acid is particularly helpful in digesting fats and meat protein.Independent clinical research was conducted on Digest RC to analyze the therapeutic effectiveness of the product among patients with chronic digestive problems. Results showed statistically significant improvement in patients' symptoms during treatment. Digest RC was most successful in eliminating the most frequently occurring symptoms such as gas in over 95% of the cases. Symptoms such as constipation, intestinal pains and cramps, heartburn (reflux), and stomach pains and cramps were helped or completely eliminated in over 90% of the cases. Bloating ceased in over 80%, diarrhea in about 75%, and nausea and vomiting in approximately 65% of the cases.Digest RC was found to minimize the assimilation of undigested toxic products which often stay in the gut for a prolonged period of time. Due to its bile-stimulating abilities, Digest RC was particularly effective in preventing stasis of food and bloating in those patients whose diet was rich in animal protein and fat. Because there are no specific contraindications, Digest RC can be taken together with any medication and can be taken by patients who have various respiratory, cardiovascular, and musculoskeletal disorders. The only people who should avoid Digest RC are those with biliary tract obstruction or gall bladder disease because of the bile-stimulating effects of the black radish and artichoke extracts. It is not known how this product would affect persons who have had their gall bladder removed.Suggested dosage: Take 2-3 tablets of Digest RC with every heavy meal for the first 2-3 weeks. The dose may then be reduced as symptoms of digestion discomfort are alleviated (Anon. 1999).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.