Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started taking charcoal but i am sure i read somewhere that if you take any other supplements you must take charcoal 2 hours after otherwise it eliminates the effect of the other supplements. The problem is i take, digestive enzymes, acidophilus and aloe vera, which you should take with a meal and you should take the charcoal after the meal. How can you do this though??? Help please?? x

· Registered
2,822 Posts
Hi! I take charcoal. I also take slippery elm and am trying to take digestive enzymes and marshmallow root as well. All of the above (except the enzymes) have to be taken 2 hours before or 2 hours after other meds. It is SO tricky to work out. Here's my current timetable so maybe you can get an idea:7:30am: antidepressant, gerd med and acidopholous9:30am: Slippery Elm Powder11:30am: Charcoal1:30pm: Slippery Elm3:30pm: Marshmallow5:30pm: Slippery Elm7:30pm: Digestive Enzyme and dinner9:30pm: CharcoalHope this helps. Sometimes I skip stuff cause I forget. It drives me crazy having to have an alarm go off every 2 hours to remind me!

· Registered
2,822 Posts
Sorry just a thought could you try,wake up:aloe vera and acidopholous1/2 an hour later breakky and enzymemid morning (say about 11am) charcoallunch and digestive enzyme (approx 1pm)3pm charcoal6pm dinner and enzyme 8pm charcoal?Bedtime on empty tummy aloe vera (sorry this is the best I could do for now, I'm not sure how much of each you are taking.) Again, hope this helps.Edited cause I'm a spad bellar!

· Registered
65 Posts
Hey Screamer...I received and tried one of the Charcoal pills I ordered on eBay...it's Charcoal/Green clayI dunno why but I can't get to swallow pills...It's a miracle I've been able to swallow this one...I've wasted another one...My tongue got all black?Is that good?I probably can't break the tablet with a spoon and swallow it that way with water?Could I?Do you know if there are any chewable Charcoal?It had an effect after I took it...My stomach like 'disappeared'well, my english is not so good... I hope u get what I'm trying to say... and i felt intern noises...

· Registered
2,822 Posts
No they don't make a liquid one. They do however make the tablets which turn your fingers and tongue black and are very hard to swallow. They also make capsules which are coated with that plasticy looking stuff so they do down a lot better! They also make powder which you can mix with water and drink. Yes it does help to reduce bloating which is why your belly shrunk back in.You take 1-4 up to 3 times a day. So don't take more than 4 at one time and don't take any more than 12 every day. Oh and make sure you drink more fluids while you are taking them or they have a tendancy to clog you up. Hope this answered all questions
and good luck with them

· Registered
65 Posts
if ya have a problem with bloating...which I meant by 'my stomach disappeared'this is the way to go...It's perfect for bloating...but for gas I'm not sure so far...I think they're helping... Just started taking them yesterday...and I also got to swallow another onewhich is great, finally something that is working for me... grrrr

· Registered
2,822 Posts
No worries
I'm glad it's helping you
It doesn't work for everybody but for me spending $15 on something that might work is always worth a shot! It doesn't make me fluff less, I still do that
but it stops all that gurgling and stuff and stops fluffs smelling so bad

· Registered
372 Posts
To Whooooops, I also have a problem swallowing pills and I read on the internet that you can buy activated charcoal powder (or if you can't find powder form just open up the capsules) and you can mix them with 8oz of water. (add the water careully to the powder that is already in the glass so it doesnt fly all over the place). The trick is to drink it through a straw so it doesnt get all over your mouth. Then just give your tongue and teeth a good brush. Hope this helps

· Registered
2,822 Posts
Well it says the same the same as the gas x. Not for long term use but my chemist called the company and they said it's fine long term, years, what ever. They just put that on there to cover themselves in case you have something really wrong with you and haven't seen a doctor for it and it's serious. Hope this helps and glad again that you are feeling so great on them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.