Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to allergist today for food sensitivity testing. Naturally the skin pricks test didn't work for me. Doctor said the Remeron and Paxil must have a reaction with this testing from a histimine type effect.Took 4 vials of blood and will know the results in 3 weeks.Anyone here get this done?Results?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I've had muscle testing done by a naturopath; but never bloodwork.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hi! I haven't (my doctor said it wasn't worth it as he suspects I have food intolerances rather than allergies, which is something to note, these tests won't pick up intolerances) but my little brother had them done a few years back. His all came back clear too though he knows he has certain allergies by the way his body reacts to certain pollens and stuff. Good luck though

·
Banned
415 Posts
I haven't had the blood one done but i have had 2 of the others where you hold the metal rod. Apparently i have probs with everything!!!Take the results with a oinch of salt. Use them as a guide but if i stuck to mine, i would only eat oats... nothing on or with them, just plain ole dry oats!! lolLisa

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Ugh! The VEGA test! I had that one done too. Was allowed lamb, pumpkin and rice milk (and nothing, and I mean NOTHING else!). Worst diet I've ever tried for my IBS (found out it's completely discredited, gave links to all that under mrsangiepangies parasites thread) so gave it up! I think the blood tests are legit though if done by a doctor, just will only pick up allergies not intolerances.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I'm pretty certain the naturopath's test showed "sensitivities" or intolerances. I know as long as I kept away from those foods my IBS and eczema were not as bad and I stopped snoring(!) so it definitely had some effect; but not enough to cure me of anything.Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.