Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys!I'm here because I want to get to the bottom of my problem whilst immersing myself in a more social setting of people who know the pain. Misery does enjoy pleasant company.Short form personal life history: I have not been diagnosed with anything related aside from a couple 'uncomplicated' duodenal ulcers back in 2005 which almost killed me with sudden blood loss. I've been very anxious and easily stressed all my life. I've always claimed I suffer from bouts of IBS, especially around my period — that is, when I actually manage to have one. Hormone imbalance, factor V Leiden (a blood disorder that causes blood clots), mild hypothyroidism, and a mitral valve regurgitation are all the conditions I have. I suspect I'm also blessed with chronic fatigue syndrome, and all of these conditions run on my maternal bloodline.On my paternal side it's unclear what sort of mutated horrors the genes are carrying, but my dad—a proud nicotine junky from his high school days onward—developed Crohn's disease, type 1 diabetes, suffered a stroke at 51, and died of spinal cancer secondary to stomach cancer in 2001. This obviously has me concerned for my own health, and it's the main reason I want to get to the bottom on my newest symptoms—intermittent right lower quadrant pain. So far, an x-ray revealed excessive amounts of unreleased gas, and blood tests show a SED RATE of 2. Basically, nothing. As insane as it may sound to those suffering the visceral rigors of IBS, I'm crossing my fingers I can join your humble clubhouse. It certainly would be comforting to get some answers that leave me with some viable options, at any rate. I'll be doing more tests in the relatively near future, but in the meantime, I'd like to understand that my symptoms may not just doom me to my father's fate; I value my health highly and try my best to take care of it, whatever my limitations.I just can't wait to begin my foray on this fantastically large online support group! How is everyone? What are the unspoken rules? What sort of initiation rites do I have to perform to join the dastardly Clan of Colic?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh my. I'm hoping I didn't offend anyone here. :C

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.