Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious how many IBS'ers suffer chest or chest muscle pain as a symptom on occasion with their IBS.I have a lot of symptom's including chest pain that are similar to an ulcer.All that has turned up negative as well as test's regarding the heart.Much Thanx in advance

G

·
I do get the occasional tight chest feeling ,but I know that it's just because I am stressed out.Exercise usually cures it for me. Mel.b

G

·
I do get the occasional tight chest feeling ,but I know that it's just because I am stressed out.Exercise usually cures it for me. Mel.b

·
Registered
428 Posts
Lethalfury,I too have Chest Pains however mine are caused from Anxiety and Anxiety attacks. In addition to IBS I also have GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder). Chest Pains and Pressure are common symptoms of Anxiety and Anxiety Attacks. I would venture to guess that my chest pain has little if anything to do with my IBS.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Lethalfury,I too have Chest Pains however mine are caused from Anxiety and Anxiety attacks. In addition to IBS I also have GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder). Chest Pains and Pressure are common symptoms of Anxiety and Anxiety Attacks. I would venture to guess that my chest pain has little if anything to do with my IBS.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
My chest hurts when the asthma kicks up and sometimes the physical stress of that will also kick up the IBS.Some people have pressure in the chest from bloating, but chest pain should be checked out as it could be GI, lungs, heart, a problem with the joints in the rib cage or anxiety and you need to know which so you can do the right kind of treatment.K.------------------I have worked for the government and at universities doing scientific research primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have never done any independant clinical testing for the pharmaceutical industry, nor have I ever worked for a drug company. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html[This message has been edited by kmottus (edited 08-09-2001).]

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
My chest hurts when the asthma kicks up and sometimes the physical stress of that will also kick up the IBS.Some people have pressure in the chest from bloating, but chest pain should be checked out as it could be GI, lungs, heart, a problem with the joints in the rib cage or anxiety and you need to know which so you can do the right kind of treatment.K.------------------I have worked for the government and at universities doing scientific research primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have never done any independant clinical testing for the pharmaceutical industry, nor have I ever worked for a drug company. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html[This message has been edited by kmottus (edited 08-09-2001).]

G

·
I get a sharp pain under my ribs on the lower right side. My GP thought it my Gall Bladder. Sonogram was neg. My GI thought with some other symptoms he would take a look and the scope was negative. He said the pain is the IBS. I was convinced it was my liver at this point because I have cirrhosis.But it is the IBS. I took paxil for a while to relive it but grew weary of it. But it definately helped the pain and mostly eliminated it.

G

·
I get a sharp pain under my ribs on the lower right side. My GP thought it my Gall Bladder. Sonogram was neg. My GI thought with some other symptoms he would take a look and the scope was negative. He said the pain is the IBS. I was convinced it was my liver at this point because I have cirrhosis.But it is the IBS. I took paxil for a while to relive it but grew weary of it. But it definately helped the pain and mostly eliminated it.

G

·
Yes, I get chest pain, althought its usually when I am on the toilet. I do not have to strain, so thats not it. Sometimes I am just in tears. I also have bad Chostochondritis, which is inflammation in the rib cage, so that doesnt help.------------------Brenda S, R.N.This too shall pass !

G

·
Yes, I get chest pain, althought its usually when I am on the toilet. I do not have to strain, so thats not it. Sometimes I am just in tears. I also have bad Chostochondritis, which is inflammation in the rib cage, so that doesnt help.------------------Brenda S, R.N.This too shall pass !

G

·
I seem to have chest pain constantly, right where my heart is. Sometimes it's pain only and sometimes it burns somewhat and radiates up my neck and down my arm. I've had lots of heart tests and it seem that I'm not going to have a heart attack so the docs. say it's stress and IBS. What a drag. Excercise used to clear it up for me, but not anymore.

G

·
I seem to have chest pain constantly, right where my heart is. Sometimes it's pain only and sometimes it burns somewhat and radiates up my neck and down my arm. I've had lots of heart tests and it seem that I'm not going to have a heart attack so the docs. say it's stress and IBS. What a drag. Excercise used to clear it up for me, but not anymore.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.