Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I don't know if Trident has artificial sweeteners, but if it does, that could contribute to GI problems. I can't tolerate any of them. I'd stick with gums that have sugar in them. It's a few more calories in the long run, but sugar also hasn't been proven to have some nasty side effects in moderation that the artificial sweeteners have.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a partial denture and chew Freedent (non-stick). I take the slice, wash and squeeze it under cold water for a long time to try and remove the sugar. (Being an over anxious person, I need the gum chewing bit.) I have read that the chewing effect can cause one to swallow air which we with IBS certainly don't need. I try and chew always with mouth closed.Blessings

·
Registered
19 Posts
I chew a ton of gum...trident also. I know I cannot tolerage artificial sweeteners but the trident w/xylitol isn't as bad as aspartame, saccharin or sucralose, maltitol, etc. However, if I chew too much trident it definitly gives me gas. I have IBS-C and haven't found anything to help it. I wonder if the gum isn't helping as well...I wouldn't be surprised!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.