Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read an article on IBS today (for the Aussies this weeks New Idea magazine)which mentioned a study done about the chinese hers for IBS - there is a rather complicated formula of chinese herbs specifically for IBS that was touted as being very good about 2 years ago. Don't ask me for the ingredients, I wouldn't have a clue! Anyway, a study was doen with three groups, one on placebo, one on general chinses herbs andone on these sepcific chinese herbs, and the study found those on the specific formula found quite dramatic relief compared to the others. One conclusion that came from the study was make sure you attend a practitioner who is very skilled in these herbs, and you get the correct herbs for IBS.Kylie

·
Registered
217 Posts
Any queries regarding the ibs study on Chinese herval formula should be directed to A.Bensoussan###uws.edu.auHe was the researcher along with Prof Talley,(gastroenterologist)I think who run the study. Over the counter tablet or pill form supposed to be commerecially available June 2001, but wouldn't hold your breathe. There are Chinese herbalists who know the formula and can make it up for you in herb form of course. If you have never taken Chinese herbs boiled in water and drank let me say they usualy taste like sweaty socks and are not particularly cheap. But don't let me put you off I've used them myself on occasions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.