Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone see the article on "Good Medicine" last night(sorry,in Australia) about the results of treating IBS with Chinese Herbal Medicine? There was success for both a sufferer with Diarheoa and for another with Very bad Constipation.The diarheoa sufferer had got to the point of being unable to wear normal trousers because his bloating was so bad and eventually had to give up work. The other constipation sufferer has had the condition for 40 years and at times has gone for weeks without a motion and is now going up to several times per day.Sounds promising hey? Has anyone else had similar treatment and good or bad results ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I will be doing acupuncture and herbal therapy. Nobody can seem to diagnose it but it looks like possible candida in sinus (4 surgeries and too, too many antibiotics and corticosteroids). I'll try to remember to post results, could take months.Do know someone who had Crones disease, and was ready to throw in towel after just about any Western medicine treatment short of surgery (colostemy). In desperation, he went to holistic practitioner who gave herbs. Bingo, no Crones, no problems except watching diet.I don't know if he is on net.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
I have not tried the herbs. However, My dr. has said that many ibs sufferers do not digest sugar very well. She said that as we age we many produce less of the enzyme that digests the sugar. That the chinese herbs may act as this enzyme.???How do they taste?I have one friend who drinks herbs for surgical menopause symptoms. She says they taste horrid and has to fight to get them down. However, they have been working. She no longer wakes up each night sweating.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greg, please don't forget to keep us posted. If it works for you it may work for others, if it doesn't you may save somebody alot of money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.