Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My IBS-D does not really have the same symptoms as many I have read on this board. I never have pain, I don't really have trigger foods, and I really don't have D, I have a very bad urgency, which is mostly after I get in the car to go somewhere. I can be at home all day and feel fine and then 10 minutes later I have to go. My Chiropractor explained to me that because my pelvis is slightly tilted, my left side is slightly shorter. He suggested that I tuck a couple Reader's Digests under my left butt when I sit and see if that doesn't help. It would relieve whatever nerve is starting the whole motion. I just started yesterday and can't really get a good judgement since I take immodium, calcium and Pomine, which really all they do is to plug me up for a couple days but eventually, I get the unstoppable urge, no matter how compacted the stool may be!Anyone ever heard of such a weird thing?I'm at my wits end too just as many of you.thanks, Jane

G

·
After being referred to a great chiropractor by my primary physician for an arthritic disc...I have not since had a days problem with my back(over two years now)...went from a skeptic to a believer in 6 months. I would NEVER doubt my chiropractor again, she has earned my respect as has the art of chiropractic....who knows, try it...cant hurt.

G

·
If it works it's a cheap solution!BTW I've been going to a chiropractor and I'm not convinced that it had helped although the time he spends listening has been positive.roz

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
My husband's chiro suggested he stop putting his wallet in his back pocket. Apparently by sitting on the wallet (stuffed with all that dough I don't know about
) throws the body alignment out of kilter.

G

·
I am a firm believer in chiropractors. However, with IBS, at least for me, it can be an uncomfortable situation... Twice, while I was getting a lower back adjustment - the chiro putting his knee into my back and twisting my lower back - I let one rip - well, I didn't _let_ it, the gas just couldn't resist breaking out when the chiro put so much pressure on it! LOL The room became suddenly quiet - neither one of us said anything, but I was embarrassed. =:0I have been back to the same chiro since. Actually, the two gas episodes occurred before I was diagnosed with IBS and was given Lotronex. I have a feeling that I'm not the only one who has had this problem at the chiropractors. <g> Looking back on this, I can laugh about it now.
)

G

·
I was diagnosed with a back condition when I was younger. My chiro told me that this was the cause of my IBS. My ortho told me it could not be realated. I also go through problems when I'm in the car. I've been fine at home since I started taking calcium. It seems the only time I have problems is driving, thats when I have an urgency feeling. My recent xrays of my back do not show much of a difference from when I was diagnosed as a child. I am still grade 1 spondololythesis. So I don't know? I think the stress of being in the car and not knowing if theres a bathroom available is a big factor for me. Please post if you find out anymore info.

·
Registered
279 Posts
When I was a teen, and off and on in college, I visited the chiropractor, and I was diagnosed with slight scoliosis. I also have a slight jaw deformity that they said was related to my scoliosis. Since I'm getting that fixed in the coming year, I may try going back to the chiropractor and seeing if it may be able to relieve some of the IBS symptoms. I am quite a believer in chiropractics and in a few other holistic-type methods where everything in your body is said to be correlated with something else. That stuff fascinates me.Ashley

1 - 8 of 8 Posts