Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting great relief from my IBS by getting chiropractic adjustments and taking Caltrate 600. I still have flair ups but do get immediate relief with adjustments.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes I have also seen the chiropractor a few years ago for my IBS. I did find some minor temporary releif. He really worked the area of the spine where nerves are esponsible for bowel motions, it was really tender when he massaged there. But the question is is, does IBS cause the tenderness or does tenderness casue IBS. My advice would be to steer on the side of caution with chiros. I love the work they do but they were very expensive and also tried to sell me other products.It's worth a try though, we can never stop trying!cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I agree that it is only temporary but I only go when things are pretty bad and then even temporary relief feels really good.Insurance covers a good part of the bill.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:He really worked the area of the spine where nerves are esponsible for bowel motions,
That strikes me as very difficult to do. It's just bone.

·
Registered
584 Posts
With me, they used to heavily massage all the muscles right around the sacrum, maybe that's what he means? Still don't know that that would relax sacral nerves. I do know that gave me relief in that part of my back for a while, but I wasn't getting massage therapy for bowel problems.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
The one thing that mine did years ago, although I don't see one now that helped some, was giving me the accupressure points.Massage itself can help of course.It always seemed to me they wanted me to return forever.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
PS I didn't go there for IBS either, but for a back injury from work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.