Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
chocolate brings on migraines for me. Probably gas too altho everything gives me gas. Worst thing I can eat is ice cream, especially the chocolate.Wh is it the thing we like best likes us the least.
------------------You will never know that God is all you need....... until God is all you have. �� Prayer doesn't change God , it changes the one who prays..C type, with G

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
chocolate brings on migraines for me. Probably gas too altho everything gives me gas. Worst thing I can eat is ice cream, especially the chocolate.Wh is it the thing we like best likes us the least.
------------------You will never know that God is all you need....... until God is all you have. �� Prayer doesn't change God , it changes the one who prays..C type, with G

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Unless the problem occurs only at the same time you eat the chocolate, how do you know chocolate is giving you the problem? Surely you've eaten numerous other foods that may have caused the problem.If it is a trigger, and if you are talking about the actual candy-type chocolate, I would say the problem would be either the fat or one of those other "stimulating" chemicals scientists keep coming up with. Chocolate only contains TRACE amounts of caffeine. Some chocolate and cocoa products, especially those without much milk or sugar, have fiber too. Remember, chocolate originally comes from a bean!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Unless the problem occurs only at the same time you eat the chocolate, how do you know chocolate is giving you the problem? Surely you've eaten numerous other foods that may have caused the problem.If it is a trigger, and if you are talking about the actual candy-type chocolate, I would say the problem would be either the fat or one of those other "stimulating" chemicals scientists keep coming up with. Chocolate only contains TRACE amounts of caffeine. Some chocolate and cocoa products, especially those without much milk or sugar, have fiber too. Remember, chocolate originally comes from a bean!

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
It may be something the manufacturer adds to the chocolate. Such as soya lecithin. Cadbury's is fine for me as it has no soya lecithin, other brands with it in give me D.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
It may be something the manufacturer adds to the chocolate. Such as soya lecithin. Cadbury's is fine for me as it has no soya lecithin, other brands with it in give me D.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Chocolate makes my stomack gassy as well, so I don't it eat very frequently. Long are the gold old days when "I thought" I could eat everything, because now that I look back, I've always reacted to some food but never really paid attention!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Chocolate makes my stomack gassy as well, so I don't it eat very frequently. Long are the gold old days when "I thought" I could eat everything, because now that I look back, I've always reacted to some food but never really paid attention!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I thought all chocolate candy (except unsweetened chocolate) had lecithin. I have never seen a single brand or type that did not. The manufacturers have to use it as a binder for the chocolate and sweetener(s). Although there may be some hard-to-find unusual chocolate candy out there (I heard of one called Rapunzel), every chocolate candy sold in most stores does contain lecithin.Unless you have a true soy allergy, the amount used is so tiny, it can't possibly have any direct physical effect.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I thought all chocolate candy (except unsweetened chocolate) had lecithin. I have never seen a single brand or type that did not. The manufacturers have to use it as a binder for the chocolate and sweetener(s). Although there may be some hard-to-find unusual chocolate candy out there (I heard of one called Rapunzel), every chocolate candy sold in most stores does contain lecithin.Unless you have a true soy allergy, the amount used is so tiny, it can't possibly have any direct physical effect.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Well AD, Let's just have a MEGA CHOCOLATE party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just kidding...Food allergies and sensitive bowels are predominant in my family. My mom calls it her "legacy" to us
. By the way, she never ate sweet stuff... always made her feel bad. Nat

·
Registered
517 Posts
Well AD, Let's just have a MEGA CHOCOLATE party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just kidding...Food allergies and sensitive bowels are predominant in my family. My mom calls it her "legacy" to us
. By the way, she never ate sweet stuff... always made her feel bad. Nat

·
Registered
42 Posts
Its the Milk, and the sugar. You are probaly latose tolorance and the sugar and the milk won't let you digest the enymes. Iam the same way. I can go out and purchase the good chocalate like "Fannie Mae" or Godiva. I have to eat it moderately and I won't get the diarahea. Also another trick I do is I keep Malanta {mint} flavor liquid {400mgs and over with the simethecone in it} I take like a tbsp of it b4 I eat these kind of delicious diary product. You will find that the gas comes out or don't and you won't suffer behind eating the diary products.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts