Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have been on cholestryamine since last February. It has helped me more than any of the medicines I have tried. I take the Questran in powder form. I use the measured spoon in the can and take one in water before my evening meal. It does not dissolve but just stir and drink. It is orange flavored. Some on this board say it is distastful and they can't take it but I really don't mind. It has done so much for me and almost made my life "normal" again (whatever normal means). It certainly has given my life back. I have preached it ever since I tried it and I think everyone with IBS D should give it a try.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have been on cholestryamine since last February. It has helped me more than any of the medicines I have tried. I take the Questran in powder form. I use the measured spoon in the can and take one in water before my evening meal. It does not dissolve but just stir and drink. It is orange flavored. Some on this board say it is distastful and they can't take it but I really don't mind. It has done so much for me and almost made my life "normal" again (whatever normal means). It certainly has given my life back. I have preached it ever since I tried it and I think everyone with IBS D should give it a try.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have been on Questran(the powder form) for a few years now, and agree wholeheartedly with Sally. I am SO glad that I was put on Questran. The degree of 'normalcy' that it has put back in my life has been a near-miracle. It doesn't take care of ALL of the problems, but it certainly helps manage them better. The taste is nothing to brag about, but as Sally has said, I will certainly deal with it for the benefits that Questran has given me! I would have liked to have tried Colestid(pill-form), just for the convenience, but haven't talked my doctor into that yet.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have been on Questran(the powder form) for a few years now, and agree wholeheartedly with Sally. I am SO glad that I was put on Questran. The degree of 'normalcy' that it has put back in my life has been a near-miracle. It doesn't take care of ALL of the problems, but it certainly helps manage them better. The taste is nothing to brag about, but as Sally has said, I will certainly deal with it for the benefits that Questran has given me! I would have liked to have tried Colestid(pill-form), just for the convenience, but haven't talked my doctor into that yet.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Questran has changed my life. I have gone from being unable to leave the house (or having accidents or near accidents whenever I did) to doing whatever I want, and I no longer carry a change of clothes in the car as I did for 10 long years. I did take the pill form, Colestid, for a while, but it was causing trouble with a hiatal hernia (they are big, difficult to swallow pills). The Questran works great and it's easy to put up with the yucky taste when it comes with such benefits. I also take Nexium, and this has helped even further by knocking down the acid problems. I agree that I can't understand why everyone diagnosed w/IBS doesn't give Questran a try. It has worked for many of us. Best wishes

·
Registered
605 Posts
Questran has changed my life. I have gone from being unable to leave the house (or having accidents or near accidents whenever I did) to doing whatever I want, and I no longer carry a change of clothes in the car as I did for 10 long years. I did take the pill form, Colestid, for a while, but it was causing trouble with a hiatal hernia (they are big, difficult to swallow pills). The Questran works great and it's easy to put up with the yucky taste when it comes with such benefits. I also take Nexium, and this has helped even further by knocking down the acid problems. I agree that I can't understand why everyone diagnosed w/IBS doesn't give Questran a try. It has worked for many of us. Best wishes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.