Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Libbys,I have been taking Cholestyramine for several years and it is a miracle drug for me. I have been taking the brand name form called LoCholest Light. It has a strawberry flavor and is actually quite tasty, which made it much easier to drink. Last time they gave me the generic form which tastes disgusting, and I am still fighting the pharmacy and my GI to get it changed back. So there is a big difference between the brand names and the generic. Ask your doctor if you can try LoCholest.I am also told that it comes in a pill form.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dear Petahertz - I called my pharmacist on the 17th (yesterday) and he indicated he could get LoCholest Light....But maybe it was just listed in his book???? I hope you're wrong about it's availability!Cheers - Libbys

·
Registered
27 Posts
Libbys,I hope that your pharmacist is correct about it still being available. I was trying to reach my GI for the last few days and he never calls me back. But he just sent me a new prescription in the mail! I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean, but I suppose if they discontinued it, he would not have sent me the prescription. So that's great news.I did some research on the web, and it seems like LoCholest is like LoCholest is a flavored version of the generic. I don't know what the difference between LoCholest and LoCholest Light is. I was using the Light version.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.