Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll probably go alone and meet my family, but still the idea of a long Catholic mass makes me nervous. I don't like IBS. -JOHN

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
John,I went to a Catholic church to a wedding, it was long, but beautiful......I am Baptist.....------------------LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A CURE TO THIS IBS SOON!BETTIE

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi John:I've never been to a Catholic mass, but I know long church services can be hard to get through. Can you take an Immodium or something before you go?Jean------------------"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." Babe Ruth. And I'm also Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS! Jean

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Well, John, you just reminded me that I'm not alone.I have to take a "shuttle" to a neighboring city tomorrow, 2 1/2 hours away, at 8:30 in the morning, my peak time for you-know-what. It's called a "limo," but it's really a van with three-four seats, filled with other people -- strangers (because my family didn't want me to drive on the holiday, they're insisting I do this). I was sitting here trying to figure out which alternative --- immodium, which I rarely take? Don't eat or drink a thing until I get there? I'm going through a bout since I finished an antibiotic a week ago, too. I hope you get through it. Just remember, the holidays are supposed to fill us with good cheer, but even among "normals," there's a lot of stressful situations, made worse by the fact that we're supposed to be enjoying ourselves so much. I know -- I was "normal" until a year ago.

·
Registered
699 Posts
We're not going to Mass this Christmas because I'm tired of how crowded it gets. I'm a C not a D so I don't usually have to worry about that but all the people crowded in just adds to my anxiety.I force myself to go to Mass every week with my family as long as I'm feeling good but for me it's more anxiety. I've found a comfortable place to sit in the corner so that helps a lot.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
John, I know what you mean! I'm Catholic and I know that high masses can be lengthy. I won't have any problems later on in church. Merry Christmas! Regards John

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
John, God doesn't mind if you have to get up and go to the bathroom...He knows your suffering!
Merry Christmas!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts